No Change in Alternative Liposuction Proceedure?

I had a proceedure done here in Paris that the doctor assured me was better than real lipo. They injected my outer and inner thighs with a series of injections (it is a distilled water solution) then took a tiny little canula and "broke up" the fat in the inner and outer thighs. No fat was sucked out. They told me to drink lots of water and follow a strict diet and I would naturally eliminate the broken up fat through the lymphatic system. It is 5 months later and I have absoluetly no results!

Injections Instead of Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is reliable, while injections are not.  If you are not satisfied with the results, you may want to consider liposuction.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Injection therapy as an alternative to liposuction is a waste of money and potentially dangerous.

+1

Liposuction is predictable, safe, with a short convalescence and immediate improvement.  Many times it can be performed with local anesthesia only.  "Mesotherapy" uses injections of various chemicals to destroy fat.  It is dangerous, painful, and unpredictable. 

Few true alternatives to liposuction

+1

If you had injections of fluid then a cannula probed into the area, why not just connect the cannula to suction and remove the fat? It sounds like you had a liposuction procedure with everything but the suction, the most important part. The 2 nonivasive fat reduction alternatives with good scientific evidence of effectiveness are Zeltiq (cryolipolysis) and Liposonix (intense focused ultrasound.) Niether of these does as much as liposuction though.

Richard Baxter, MD

Alternative Liposuction Treatment

+1

Hello Paris,

It is not surprising that you did not see any significant improvement after the treatment you described.  Thankfully you did not have a negative result (such as dimpling or large contour irregularities). While there are people performing 'non-traditional liposuction' procedures who claim that it is a better option, nothing works quite as well as the traditional procedure where the fat is removed.  Standard liposuction remains the best approach to body contouring for areas of excess fat.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon