No Change from Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had a revision rhinoplasty about 2 weeks ago and I can already see there is no change. I was very happy with the result the day the cast was removed, but not even 2 days later as the swelling went down I could see my nose still had the large bone bump on the side of my bridge. I had very little faith in my surgeon because of a failed/incomplete rhinoplasty attempt last year because of excessive bleeding during surgery. I am extremely depressed about my results and wonder what my options are.

Unhappy with Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the results of your surgery. However, most surgeons will advise you to wait at least a year before making the decision to schedule a revision. By that point, most healing will have occurred and your surgeon can get an accurate understanding of what factors are at work.

Best of luck to you!

Dr. A

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Experiencing no change from revision rhinoplasty

+1

Very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction following surgery. 2 weeks is still very soon after your procedure, and you will be quite swollen at this time. Swelling may be responsible for what is perceived to be a bone bump on the side of your bridge. I would recommend waiting before you jump to any conclusions about your result. What was performed during your revision? If there was tip work, you may be considerably more swollen, and it will take longer to see your final result. In general, swelling may be influenced by:

1) Thickness of the patient's skin
2) Whether or not tip work was performed
3) Number of revisions the patient has had

From here, I would recommend waiting and monitoring your progress as you heal. Your final result can take up to a year before it is evident. In the meantime, I would recommend speaking to your surgeon about any concerns you have regarding healing. Thank you, and good luck with your recovery!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/revision-rhinoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon