I'm 20 yrs old female, Is It Possible to Change Eye Shape?

I am a 20 year old woman. I have average, slightly round eyes. I recently discovered that the look I desire can be achieved by placing my fingers directly on the skin next to the outer corners of the eyes, then pulling straight out. Is there a surgery that gives that result?

Corner of eye tightening/shape change

+1

Lateral canthal repositioning and tightening can move the corner of the eyes more outward, creating a longer eye that is more narrow at the corners. It can create some of the look you have created by pulling the corners out with your fingers but it would not be that extreme. 

Most likely no.

+1

Pulling on the eyelids with the fingers cannot be reproduced with surgery.  However, occasionally I find that what is being requested is actually something that is achievable with surgery.  This is why we perform consultations in person instead of proposing surgery based on a Skype communication.  The important thing is very clear communication between you and your surgeon.  

Changing Eye Shape

+1

It can be possible to change eye shape by repositioning the tissue that connects the outer corner of the eye to the bone of the orbit ( The bony eye socket).  I would not recommend this procedure in a young person.  If you have average, slightly round eyes, you are best to enjoy your natural youthful eyes!  Learn the art of doing your makeup to give the appearance of a more almond shaped eye.  Use eyeliner (liquid or pencil) to sweep from inner to beyond the outer corner, widening the line slightly as it passes the outer eye corner.  Placing pencil on the inner margin of the lower lid at and above the lashes will further give the eye a more elongated, less round look.  See a makeup artist at your local department store for more tips

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon