How Do I Change the Look of my Button Nose?

I really want a smaller nose with a soft tip. Recently, I went to Bangkok for a consultation to a few surgeons. They mentioned that they can insert silicon cartilage to raise up my nose so that the front view looks thin. They said my bridge has a deviated slope. Are they telling me the right thing?

Nasal implant to improve button nose

+1

Without any pictures it is impossible to give an opinion on a rhinoplasty for you. Silicone implants can be used on Asian rhinoplasty to raise up the nasal dorsum but would have to be done cautiously and conservatively.  

Silicone Nasal Implants

+1

Silicone nasal implants are frequently used in other countries, especially in Asia, despite the risk of complications such as infection and rejection. We prefer to use the patient's own cartilage, which is a more difficult procedure but infection is rare and rejection will not occur.

Nasal surgery

+1

The plastic surgeons there are very familiar with implants. That may be one way to improve the appearance of your nose. Just make sure you go see a well trained board certfied plastic surgeon no matter where you are.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Changing the look of button nose

+1

No photos very hard to discuss. But you can use silicone implants, cartilage, bone, or injections. Seek opinions from boarded surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI DR,. B

Changing a "button" nose.

+1

Silicone is an implant and can get infected. Cartilage can be taken from your nose or ear and carved to look the same as an implant. Each has advantages and disadvantages. It is quite common in Asia to use silicone, but more cartilage is use in the US for caucasian noses.

Silicone Nasal Implants

+1

The shape of the nose can be altered by placing implants between the skin and the support of the nose. The ability of the nose to accept and tolerate such implants is variable; they last much longer in thicker skinned Asian noses than in Western noses. While such implants camouflage the structure under them, they do not change it. Invariably, such implants thin and ultimately perforate the skin above them or become infected and become exposed.

Cartilage grafts from your own ears or septum exist much longer and are much better tolerated.

Use of nasal implants for nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

This is not a common procedure in the USA due to the potential for implant infection. Commonly, the use of your own cartilage is preferred. However, this is more extensive surgery and tends to be more costly.