What procedure would you recommend to lift the excess skin but maintaining hooded eyes? (photos)

Hello, I was born with hooded or naturally fuller upper lids. Now that I'm 46 the skin on my hooded eyes has drooped. Is there a way of correcting the sagging lid without getting rid of my natural hooded or fuller lids or what would you recommend for someone who would like to just look refresh and well rested?

+1

You do have a naturally fuller upper lid. The "sagging" can easily be corrected with a minimal upper blepharoplasty tailored to your needs. Consulting with an oculoplastic or plastic surgeon could be helpful!

Best of Luck!

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Maintaining hooded eyes

+1
You need to be examined in person but the photos suggest keeping things very minimal. There are a number of techniques that can maintain the fullness that I think you want to retain. A distinct consideration would be a minimally invasive modified browlift which would not alter your hairline or change your eyelid.but after an examination a very conservative upper blepharoplasty might also be necessary.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Upper blephs

+1
There are non surgical options but if the excess skin concerns you an upper blepharoplasty under local anaesthetic could remove the skin excess and improve the appearance of the lid crease. You can also maintain what you describe as a hooded appearance as long as the excision is planned appropriately.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

What procedure would you recommend to lift the excess skin but maintaining hooded eyes?

+1
Hello and thank you for this question.  It appears from the photos you provided that you only need an upper eyelid lift (blepharoplasty).  Brows seem to be in normal position.  Cosmetic eyelid surgery is one of the most common facial cosmetic procedures I perform, especially in the late 30's to 40's age group.  Removing some of the upper lid skin excess will rejuvenate the face and makes one look less tired.  These are performed at an outpatient surgical center, sometimes under a local anesthesia with sedation.  Very little post-operative pain for most people.  Down time includes some swelling and bruising for the first week.  Best to see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Eyelids

+1
I agree with the previous authors. Your brows seem properly positioned in these photos even though your left brow is congenitally lower than the right. A conservative blepheroplasty is done under local anesthesia (with or without sedation) and it would refresh your peri orbital appearance. . It's an outpatient process with minimal downtime and you should do great . 

Larry C. Leverett, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Keeping my hooded eyes!

+1
The way I have taught this for 35 years is too correct the sagging brow with the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift. This "kills 2 birds with one stone. The brow is put back where it used to be with the skin of the upper lid reduced. If properly done the hairline is not raised and hair grows thru and not behind the scar. 

Maintaining the hooded look

+1
as long as the skin excision is minimal and no sutures are placed to the tarsal plate, as well as minimal to no fat removal is done, you should retain the appearance you desire. Alternatively, using fillers to plump up your brow can elevate the skin an  but, give you some improvement in the brow region where you likely lost some fat and keep the hooded look,  but it might just last last 8-10 months though.

Julio Garcia, MD

upper blepharoplasty to maintain the hooded eyelids

+1
 A very conservative upper blepharoplasty with skin only removal will help with  the excess skin, but  leaving the fat behind will allow you to remain a full hooded  look.

Be very careful what you look for.

+1
In my office, I would recommend a procedure I call Micro-blepharoplasty.  Less is much, much more.  What you need is eyelid structure not subtractive surgery.  Here is what I see and recommend.  Mind you, there is no substitute for an actual personal consultation.  First, upper blepharoplasty alone is not going to take care of your eyelid issue.  You have mild upper eyelid ptosis.  This should be addressed.  Your upper eyelid folds are a vital feature of the face.  A structured Micro-blepharoplasty would remove just enough of the fold to expose a uniform amount of upper eyelid platform.  This creates a place for makeup.  Finally a hard crease is created in the upper eyelid using a technique called anchor blepharoplasty.  This allows the eyelid platform skin to be snugged tight so the skin is smooth and the upper eyelashes are supported and perk up rather than point down.  In this process you will find that your tendency to raise the eyebrows will soften giving you a more relaxed appearance.  I don't think you will find this type of eyelid surgery in Arizona.  Study my website link to see examples of this type of surgery.

Conservative blepharoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question.  You would do well with a conservative blepharoplasty.  Your eyes do not look that different between the two photos and thus you are asking for a relatively minor change.  A small amount of skin removal would keep the fullness, but diminish the excessive hooding and turn back the clock 5-10 years.  This could be accomplished under local with a little oral sedation.  Be comforted that your case would not be particularly challenging to an experienced surgeon.  All the best.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon