Any Chances That my Retracted Right Nostril Will Lower or What Can I Do to Look Better? (photo)

Hello,it`s been almost one month since i had an open rhinoplasty+ septoplasty. Yes my nose is still swollen, but not as much as I expected. My nostrils- since the day cast was removed are different- one is low ( left) but another one (right) is high- retracted. You can see it from front and also from side view. Before rhinoplasty I had a little nostril asymmetry, but now asymmetry is much more noticabe. My PS says that I have to wait, but maybe there is any thing I can do to improve my looks?

Rhinoplasty and alar asymmetry

+1

Your alar asymmetry was most likely there before surgery.  It is most likely do to swelling and you should give it time to settle down.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

You are only one month out from surgery. Healing is not complete. It takes time for scarring to soften and final result is visible. You need to be ptient and keep in touch with your surgeon, however revision will most likely be rquired when healing is complete.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon