Any Chance I Could Get my Tummy Flatter Through Exercise?

im terrified of the healing process after a tt where others are saying swelling lasts up to 2 yrs in some and then theres necrosis seromas etc i hate my stretch marks but cant see they would go in a tt as not that much loose skin, although i can get a good roll, would half of them go and the other stretch marks go low down? as when i try to pull the top part of skin down which is by my bb it wont move would exercise finaly close my 3 finger gap in my muscles thanks

Troubled about Tummy Tuck

+2

You do have a lot of important concerns.

Tummy Tuck is a routine surgery from which many people get great results, but you are right to think it through carefully: there are many important considerations including scars, recovery, overcoming fears of surgery and risks of complications.

If you have true rectus diastasis,exercise will not diminish it, unfortunately. Nonetheless, you will undoubtedly benefit from weight loss and exercising your abdominal muscles.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

A tummy tuck will remove the skin in an elliptical fashion from the umbilicus down to the pubic region.  Any stretch marks outside this region will remain.  It will also tighten the muscles.

Tummy tuck will address your concerns

+1

Although you appear fit , the issues that you are describing( the skin laxity, stretch marks and seperation of abdominal wall musculature) may not be treated with diet and excercise alone. Certainly there is no replacement for diet and excercise in ones overall well being. However the aesthetic considerations which appeal to you in regard to your abdomen may properly be addressed via a tummy tuck. This procedure will allow for removing some of your stretch marks. It will also tighten the abdominal muscles and remove whatever excess skin you may have. The complications of this procedure should be discussed with your plastic surgeon as well as friends or family that have undergone this procedure.

The interenet may offer some insight, however I think its very important to present some of these questions/concerns regarding this procedure to a board certified plastic surgeon before discounting this as a acceptable solution fiting your needs.

Nick Masri, MD

Exercise unlikely to correct muscle separation from pregnancy

+1

Hi there-

Your problem does not appear or sound to be one of a lack of fitness, but rather you show the changes commonly seen in all mothers, with separation of the abdominal muscles and stretch marks.

The only safe and effective way to correct this is to have a tummy tuck.

While I am glad that you appreciate the magnitude of the procedure and the recovery commitment you would need to make, you should also know that provided you are a good candidate and that you place yourself in the hands of an ethical, experienced plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (or the UK equivalent), the problems you describe are exceedingly rare.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Weight loss and exercise

+1

While you will see positive changes through exercise and weight loss, if you have excess skin or a diastasis recti, then tummy tuck or abdominoplasty would be required.  My advice would be to try the exercise and dieting and see how you do.  If you are still not satisfied, then you could look into having surgery.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Flatter Through Exercise

+1

Sure it is worth a try, but you must be realistic that if after a few months your no better than consider surgery again. Best of Luck. 

You need a tummy tuck or nothing

+1

Certainly you can avoid a tummy tuck and just exercise but you won't get a flat tight abdomen from that.  Only a TT will give you that. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck is not a substitute for exercise

+1
Exercise will help tone muscles and contribute to overall weight loss, but it doesn't do what tummy tucks do: spot reduce, tighten skin, and pull muscles into alignment when they have been separated from prior pregnancy. It you are a nonsmoker then your risk of complications is low.

Richard Baxter, MD

Exercise May Flatten Tummy but will not Remove Stretch Marks

+1

You may get some flattening of your stomach with abdominal exercises but exercise will not improve your stretch marks.  The only way to remove stretch marks is to do it surgically (TT).  My patients do not require more than a few weeks for their sweeling to resolve and the incidence of seroma formation and especially necrosis should be very low in nonsmokers.

John Whitt, MD

Core strenghtening tummy muscles

+1

IF you are going to attempt non-surgical options for tummy tuck, I would highly advise undertaking a core strengthening regimen of exercises as praticed in Pilates.