Is There Any Chance to Improve my Swollen, Bulbous Nose? (Photos)

i hit a goal post pole 42 months back & since then my nasal skin is swelling gradually.Local Doctors say that my catrilages in the skin are displaced and skin is becoming thicker just to compensate and the swelling wont stop until it gets comfortable with the displaced cartilage position.It has lost its shape due to the continuous thickening of the skin.Please help me Do.Is there any way to get back its previous shape or any improvement.URGENT waiting eagerly for replies.PLZ HELP

Improving swollen, bulbous nose

+2

Trauma to the nose tends to make the nose twisted, broken, and dislocate both the bones and the upper lateral cartilage.  Nasal trauma does not tend to make the tip more bulbous and wide.  The rhinoplasty procedure can narrow and refine the sidewalls, straighten the nose, and refine the tip.  Multiple different tip techniques such as suturing and cartilage removal can be performed to improve the tip definition.  

Bulbous Nose

+2

It is unusual to have swelling 42 months after an injury to the nose. If you are continuing to have increasing swelling, I recommend you be seen soon by a surgeon. As far as the appearence of your nose, you have a bulbous tip which can be adressed with a "closed rhinoplasty" technique. With no incisions on the outside of your nose, I would be able to give you a more defined tip and also narrow the width of your nose with osteotomies (cuts in the bones around your nose).

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

You would need rhinoplasty

+2
The pictures of your nose indicates large cartilage that can be reduced. I do not think this has any relation to your injury. Your older picture can verify that. Injury without skin breakage usually cause depression and loss of volume.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after 42 months

+2

Something doesn't sound right to me. I can't understand why there should be any further swelling almost 4 years after the type of injury you describe. Maybe there's something else going on, like a cyst or some other type of growth beneath the skin. Get checked again by a good doc.

Ronald Schuster, MD