How will pain meds interact with antidepressants?

I am 62 years young. I take antidepressants. I'm wondering if they are safe to take with pain meds after a tummy tuck.

+1
That is a question for the doctor giving you the antidepressants. You also need to ask that MD if the surgery would be safe with your current mental state. We see a lot of patients well controlled on their antidepressants and instruct them not to change their med schedule.

+1
Best not to mix medications until you have discussed doing so directly with your plastic surgeon. “Overdosage” and/or mixing of medications can lead to very serious problems.