Is Quitting Accutane One Month Prior to Septorhinoplasty Long Enough?

If one is to stop use of Accutane one month prior to Septoplasty and closed Rhinoplasty, is that long enough to ensure proper and/or normal and expected healing? I cannot find information, both anectodal or clinical studies on the subject with regard to humans

Accutane cessation time before surgery

+1

I typically have patients wait at least 6 months. This is because accutane affects the pilosebaceous units in the skin and are crucial in the healing process.

Michael Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Accutane Prior to Rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend waiting at least 6 months and up to 1 year after Accutane for rhinoplasty surgery. Be conservative; there aren't any studies that clearly establish the time necessary to expect normal healing.

Accutane prior to rhinoplasty.

+1

Wait a minimum of 1 year before having a rhinoplasty after Accutane. For facelifts and lasers I wait 2 years.