Indentation on Upper Stomach Post Tummy Tuck 5.5 Months? (photo)

I see my PS in 2 weeks and this will be my 6 month post op. My question is what do you think this indentation in my upper abdomen is? I want to have a good idea if this is normal or not? Is this due to swelling or is it something that needs to be fixed. As of right now the indentation and the lower belly pooch bother me. I was 156 before surgery and I am 158-160 after depending on the day and what I eat. So I dont believe this is due to weight gain. Does the scar look good at this point?

Indentation on Tummy 6 Months after Tummy Tuck

+1

Any indentation like this may not be the result of technical error during surgery.  This may be due to the fat thickness differences on either side of indentation.   This can improved with liposuction and fat grafting if necessary.

Indentation on Upper Stomach Post Tummy Tuck

+1

The scar looks OK and can be expected to improve for up to a year after surgery. I am having trouble appreciating the indentation on these two dimensional photos. I believe it is there, I just can't see it well enough to comment. As far as the overall outcome, it looks good, but it is hard to comment without seeing also a photo from before surgery. 

Do show the indentation to the surgeon.If it is significant enough it may be something that can be filled out with a fat graft from another site, and this can usually be done with local anesthesia.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Questions on tummy tuck?

+1

It looks like you have a nice result from tummy tuck. There does appear to a little dent there which I'm sure you will discuss with your PS at the next visit. It is generally recommended that you wait 12 months before any revision surgery because that's when all the swelling will dissipate. Not everyone heals the same or perfectly. Best of luck - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD