Excess Skin - Is TT the Way to Go?

About 6 years ago, I lost 60 lbs (it took me 2 years to do so). I had a good amount of excess skin at that time, then became pregnant with my son. I gained 55 lbs during pregnancy (was on bedrest the entire time) which didn't help my skin, and though my son is nearly 5 now, my stomach skin is still downright scary. I am 5'5" and 130 lbs, wearing a size 2-4 (waist 25 inches, hips 33 inches). I have tried various exercises, wraps and lasers with minimal results. Is a TT right for me? Scared!

Good Tummy Tuck Candidate

+2

Based on your photos and the information you provided about your height and weight, you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. After a 60 pound weight loss and a pregnancy which kept you on bed rest and caused you to gain 55 pounds, the only procedure that will give you significant improvement will be a tummy tuck. With the change in your weight and pregnancy, your skin has lost its elasticity. While it is important to continue to eat well and exercise, it would be nearly impossible to tighten the skin and muscle without surgery. Good luck!

Ideal tummy tuck candidate

+2

Congrats on the weight loss and more importantly on keeping it off.

You are an ideal tummy tuck candidate. The only way to get rid of the excess skin is to remove it surgically. Another advantage of the tummy tuck is that the rectus muscles are repaired (brought back together to middle) if they are separated (which they usually are) from your pregnancy.

Obtain a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon in that is experienced with tummy tucks.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Excess Skin - Is TT the Way to Go?

+2

You will have an excellent result with tummy tuck given your excess skin.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Good candidate for tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for your photo and question. Congratulations on your weight loss and excellent physical condition.

From your photograph it appears that your an ideal candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in tummy tuck, and too has an excellent reputation and your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Yes --

+2

A tummy tuck looks like the perfect operation to smooth out your abdominal skin. Check out my web site and see what patients can expect.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck

+2

thank you for your question. I believe you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. You are think with laxity of your skin. Tightening that up would give you a tummy you would be proud of.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a tummy tuck

+2

Thanks for your pictures and question. You appear to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck. I think you can get a great result since you are at your ideal weight. The amount of loose skin you have will not improve with any treatment, so removal of that skin with a tummy tuck is the best option. Your recovery will likely be easier than you think and your risk of complications is much less since you have a normal BMI. Make sure you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD

Tummy tuck is a great procedure

+2

You are the ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty procedure. You appear to be healthy and back to your normal weight. You have excess skin that will not respond to other treatments or exercise. I would recommend having a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure. I think that you would have great results if you pick the right surgeon.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Is a tummy tuck the right surgery

+2

Yes! A tt should work very nice for you to restore the shape and skin tone of your abdomen. From your photos I suspect you will get a very nice result

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Good candidate for TT

+1

Based upon your photos and history, you are a good candidate for abdominoplasty. This procedure will remove the excess skin and improve your contour due to the muscle repair that is done at the same time. While your concerns are understandable, a board certified plastic surgeon with experience should be able to manage your care and help you recover in a short period of time. Moreover, you will likely be happy with your result, given your pre op appearance.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon