Central New Jersey Rhinoplasty Doctor Recommendations

I have a very broad nose for my face. Who's the best Central New Jersey doctor to do my nose?

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Gregory Borah and Thomas Leach are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Rhinoplasty for a broad tip can be a challenging procedure

+1

The key to balancing a nose lies in its relation to the rest of the face. The amount of tip recontouring must take into account the rest of your face, especially your lips. An over narrow nose in relation to your face can result in a very unsatisfactory appearance. The nose of a patient of African descent poses unique challenges to gain a superior result. Many of the analytic tools used for a Caucasian nose are not always useful. The surgeon must completely understand this type of rhinoplasty and how to use the skin thickness and shape of the nose to advantage.
It is best to choose a surgeon with extensive experience with this type of rhinoplasty. If such a surgeon is not available in your community, it may be best to search the internet for a surgeon with these skills.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need to make sure the surgeon is extremely experience in nasal cartilage grafting

+1

Just from the single photograph It appears that although you have broad nasal bones and ala ( nostrils), there is lack of support at the nasal tip and flattening of the top of your nose. There is a need for both reduction and augmentation of your nose.

Make sure you consult more than three physicians. You may want to go on the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery web site and look up the names of several physicians in your area. It is important for you to consult with the experts as your rhinoplasty is difficult.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon