Central Lining Deformation?

I have a central lining scar from a surgery when i was born a premie. I am now 20 years old and ever since ive developed in my chest area the scar has a indentation on my breast and forms a hole. I was going to see if any cosmetic doctor would consider giving me a boob job and fixing the scar as well. My insurance would only cover it if it is Medical Related. Would that be considered medical or cosmetic?

Doctor Answers (1)

What is a central lining deformation?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From your description, it sounds like you have a scar on your chest.  If this has caused abnormal development of your breasts, your doctor can likely get a procedure covered under your insurance.  I am doubtful it will, or should cover an augmentation in your circumstances.  You should schedule a consultation with a local plastic surgeon and get their feedback as to what your insurance may cover for you.

Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.