I have a tiny bit of loose skin on my belly, would only a Tummy Tuck get rid of this? (photo)

Okay I had a child and I have a bit of loose skin from my pregnancy and a few stretch marks the loose skin doesn't really notice , but It I can pull it and if I lay down it notices , what do you suggest can be done , also I don't want any big scars so I don't really want a tummy tuck

Loose Skin and Stretch Marks After Pregnancy

+2
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the photo you provided doesn't show anything I can comment on specifically. Generally speaking, after pregnancy patients commonly have stretch marks and areas where the skin isn't as tight as it was. Stretch marks and excess skin can only be removed with an incision. Incisions will make a scar. The question for you then becomes, what would you rather have; scar or skin? Best of luck.

Tummy shaping options

+2

The photo does not show enough to help me make a recommendation.  You will want to upload a photo of your abdomen from the front and side showing the bottom half of your breasts all the way down to your pubic bone.  In general substantial and long lasting skin tightening requires some form of surgery.  Which tummy tightening options would be best for you will require a better set of photos to start with.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Excess skin after baby

+1
Thank you so much for your question about avoiding a tummy tuck.

I am so sorry but the photo didn 't show the problem. If the stretch marks and excess skin are in your lower tummy, a mini-tuck may be possible but you do need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if this will fix what is bothering you.

Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

I have a tiny bit of loose skin on my belly, would only a Tummy Tuck get rid of this?

+1
Thank you for your question and photos! I hope that these answers help! Tummy tuck is an excellent method for shaping the belly and create a flatter and sculpted abdomen after the procedure.  Your photos do not show much to give recommendations, but given your goals, I do believe that you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure in order to remove the excess skin/soft tissue of your lower abdomen and contour the areas of your belly. A mini tummy tuck has limited usefulness in a small subset if patients. Also, abdominal wall tightening may optimize your result. I would highly recommend continued diet and exercise prior to any consideration for body contouring as getting down to your ideal weight prior to the procedure will certainly give you the best results. Also, a continued healthy and active lifestyle will be needed in order to maintain the benefits that the procedure has given to you.

Once you are ready for the procedure, I would likely recommend a full tummy tuck with abdominal wall tightening along with some liposuction to the hips/flanks for additional contouring. This would remove the excess skin/soft tissue and stretch marks while contouring your belly. You should consult with a plastic surgeon at anytime to go over options to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

TT

+1
Unfortunately without an examination it is impossible to give you an intelligent answer to your question so go on some in person consultations and get some recommendations

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

+1
your picture is useless. the omly way to get rid of loose skin is to cut it out.  my guess is surgical intervention probably not in your best interest

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

+1
The photo is inadequate to give you any answers other than the only way to get rid of excess skin is to surgically remove it and that leaves a scar which you don't want.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD