Center Forehead Vein?

Hi I'm in my early early thirties, male and I have a center forehead vein that buldges when I lay down in bed and sometimes when I laugh. Is this normal? I know this may be hard to predict but will it stay the same or get worse when I get older? Is this best left alone? Or is this something that can be treated?

Normal and can be treated.

+1

Forehead veins are a normal variant and develop for many reasons including genetics, aging, sun exposure and will even change in size with position changes. They will also change with laughing because this causes pressure changes in the veins. They probably will become more prominent with age but this will take time. There are available treatments including sclerotherapy, surgical removal or laser. All procedures can be done with minimal local anesthesia in the office.

Naples General Surgeon