Will Exercise Remove Cellulite?

Hi I am 18 years old, and for a while, I thought I was just fat. Because I had never really known what cellulite is. Anyway, I don't look like cottage cheese, I don't think. But, My stomach sticks out and I am not really fat. Maybe I can pinch and inch of fat, but I don't think that that is the problem area. So, have I got cellulite? It looks like a sticking-out cellulite tummy, but not cottage cheese. Will exercise cure this?

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulite control with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment

+1

Cellulite is caused by a combination of fasciocutaneous bands and fatty deposits.  The Brazilian Cellulite Treatment + skin tightening can help the problem. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze to remove cellulite

+1

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is always important. To rid yourself of cellulite completely try a procedure called Cellulaze. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin while promoting thicker skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite and Exercise

+1
Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, you do not appear to suffer from cellulite. Cellulite appears as the "cottage cheese" look you referred to. Exercise will certainly be helpful with your stomach area. There are many non-invasive procedures available as well for this area, such as CoolSculpting and Vaser Hi-Def. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite tummy

+1

For your age you are still growing, and with your picture it is diifcult to see any of the typical signs of cellulite.  I would not recommend liposuction at your age, and would recommend exercise first before any surgical correction.

If you do have cellulite, I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Abdominal contouring

+1

based on your photo, I dont see any obvious signs of cellulite. Perhaps you are concerned with the appearance of your tummy. You may want to consider lipo of your tummy area.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulite is not improved much by exercise. Try the new Cellulaze FDA approved laser treatment.

+1

Cellulite can be permanently improved by a one-time FDA approved Cellulaze Laser treatment.  This treatment releases cellulite bands causing the skin to dimple, melts the fat that herniates in between the cellulite bands, and tightens the skin to give a smoother skin surface.  A carefully controlled FDA study was conduction to confirm the effectiveness of this treatment before Cellulaze was given FDA approval.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite abdomen without fat

+1

You need to be examined to determine the structural reason for the bowing forward of your stomach. Without much fat there, you could have a weakness in the fascia, which usually is only seen after someone had been very overweight and distended at one time, or pregnant.  Then the fascia can't hold in the muscle, and despite how many sit-ups you do, the fascia can't tighten and as the muscle was strong to begin with, the exercise doesn't help.  A tummy tuck is usually helps this condition but without a reason for such a bowing, the surgeon will examine you for a curvature of the spine which may make this change too. The photograph doesn't show cottage cheese, and cellulite usually doesn't create the curvature you display of the abdomen.  See a plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD