What Cellulite Treatment Works Best? Does Severity in Cellulite Effect Noticeable Results?

I am 26 years old and very health conscious. I'm 5'5" 125lbs with quite a bit of muscle. I work out a lot but I can't get rid of my cellulite. I have it on the backs of my thighs and my butt. In certain lighting you really can't see it at all, but in others it's pretty apparent. I've had it since I was 16. My questions are: 1) Which treatment is the most effective and long-lasting? 2) Will the fact that my cellulite is on the less severe side mean that my results will be more or less apparent?

Cellulite treatment with Vaser Smooth

+3

Vaser Smooth is a minimally invasive surgery that use internal ultrasonic waves to treat cellulite, by using a small probe beneath the skin into the dermis and the fatty tissue. 

I think one of the difficult issues about cellulite is the correct diagnosis, in order to provide an adequate treatment, because the therapy might be very depending on the individual case:

Primary cellulite shows two components: one is extra fat that is pushing the skin up, the second is the retaining ligaments (retinacula cutis) are pushing it down. If this is your case, a superficial release of this ligaments and fat reduction is indicated. Vaser Smooth  can provide both fat reduction and the ligament release. 

Secondary cellulite is related to skin laxity. Also, in this case, the Vaser smooth can provide some skin retraction that will reduce cellulite. However, in secondary cellulite, fat extraction is not necessary. The Vaser Smooth can produce some skin retraction to improve the appearance of the skin.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Buttocks and Thighs

+2
Cellulite treatments for the thighs may work to some degree.
The external devices require multiple treatments and periodic maintenance.
The Cellulaze laser attacks cellulite from three angles.  It usually improves mild to moderate cellulite of the thighs with one treatment.
Cellulite of the buttocks may be better treated with fat injections without incisional surgery.
Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Best Cellulite Treatment

+2

It is my opinion that there is no cellulite treatment that permanently works.  Yes, there may be some temporary improvement, but the results at 5 to 9 months are nil.   If you want to spend your hard earned dollars for limited temporary improvement then you may be happy.  I do think the Vaser people are very meticulous and honest, so if you really want to try something seek out the Vaser Smooth.   If your expectation are in order Vaser is the best choice.  My Best, Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Consider Cellulaze

+2

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Cellulite Treatments and Thermage

+1
I have been very impressed by the new total tip from Thermage with CPT technology.  Through radio frequency heat, the skin tightens and new collagen is formed.  This technology is effective on many areas of the body including the face/neck, abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and arms.  If you are younger, your body will form more collagen and the procedure will work even better.  Thermage is great in that it is painless and noninvasive.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in Thermage for the best results.

Cellulaze is most effective for cellulite

+1

Hello. You sound like a potentially good candidate for Cellulaze. It is without question the most effective treatment for cellulite, but happy patients are those with realistic expectations on what a procedure will and won't do. Cellulaze is not a cure or perfect treatment by any means. It will definitely improve on cellulite - mild cellulite is probably easier to improve upon than severe cellulite. Look at a lot of before and after photos to get a realistic idea of what the procedure can do for you. It is a one time treatment which is a plus but remember regardless of what anyone tells you there are no guarantees in results with cosmetic surgery. Results with Cellulaze will definitely depend on the skill and understanding of the technology of the physician so do your homework and find a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in Cellulaze in your area. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is the best way to go

+1

i personally think cellulaze is the best treatment. i do it in the office and patients return to work the next day. nothing can get rid of cellulite but many women have been helped by Cellulaze treatment. i think it is the only effective treatment. it is important to know that it may take 2 weeks to 2 months to start to see any improvement and that the improvement can continue for more than 6 months. There definitely is a genetic aspect to developing cellulite which you cannot do anything about. however, there is finally a treatment which appears to help many, but not all women, with cellulite.

david berman md

plastic surgeon, northern va, 

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment that works best uses laser energy

+1

CelluSmooth is the latest laser specifically designed for treatment of cellulite. This laser uses a unique three step process that treats cellulite, melts the excess fat and shrinks the excess skin. For over six months I have used this technique in my surgery center with great success. Routinely the precedure is performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Based on our experience we have observed that a patient with less advanced cellulite will respond better to this innovative treatment than a patient with more advanced cellulite. 

Web reference: http://www.lorenc.com/cellusmooth/

Cellulaze

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim