How Does Triactive Compare to VelaShape and Accent XL for Cellulite?

I want to get a cellulite treatment for my thighs and butt... not sure what to go with. VelaShape, Triactive, Accent -- which one is the best cellulite treatment?

With cellulite treatment, technique is more important than the device

+3

In my decade of experience with lasers and the clinical studies that I have read that compare the Triactive & Velashape (higher-powered Velasmooth) and Accent, say that these systems all work very similarly, and results will be pretty similar. But the treatments do feel very different. I wanted a system that was fast, comfortable (actually feels nice, like a massage with gentle warming) and of course, effective.

The machines do vary greatly in price, and because of that, I do see that some charge what may be very exorbitant fees for a radiofrequency or low-level laser cellulite treatment. The most important thing with all of these devices is the operator and how well they are trained and how well they perform the treatment.

Technique is everything with all these cellulite devices. I am proud to say that in my office 98% of my patients are extremely pleased with the results and fees are reasonable. Triactive is low-level laser, and the Velashape and Accent XL both utilize RF (radio frequency), which according to some studies that I have read and speaking with colleagues, can cause bruising & pain more often than Triactive. You will also find some that some may claim instantaneous results or only 1-4 treatments needed.

In fact, I own a "Triactive" and my patients are getting great results! Often after 1 treatment, you can see a dramatic flattening, tightening & toning and overall smoothing of the areas treated. We have often done side by side demonstrations on our patients to show the difference. From everything I have seen, all of these machines require at least a small series of treatments for results that are longer lasting.

We typically do a series of 2-4 or more treatments depending on the individual condition, and we recommend maintenance treatments after that (usually 1 per month) to maintain benefits gained. Cellulite is a condition that will return unless we permanently remove the fat cells (in which case we use our "Smartlipo MPX" for that).

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze is the best treatment for cellulite

+1

The most effective cellulite treatment for your thighs and butt is Cellulaze. This procedure is minimally invasive and has the ability to smooth out skin while keeping it cellulite-free. Unlike other forms of cellulite treatment, which use radiofrequency or laser energy, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Cellulite Treatment

+1

I recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulaze for cellulite treatment

+1

All of these techniques will give temporary results to improve the look of cellulite.  I would recommend Cellulaze as your first line of treatment. 

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.