Newest Cellulite Treatment Suggestions?

I've read a number of posting here but majority of them are 10mths or more old. Technology changes fast & some are proven or disproven over time. I have "a lot" of cellulite on my buttocks & upper/outer thighs & now on the front of my thighs down to my knees. This is due in part to post-partum & weight gain associated with IBS. Between the non-invasive treatments (LipoEx, Velashape) & the more invasive types (Smart-Lipo), what is deemed the best & which non-invasive would most Dr.'s recommend?

Cellulite treatments

+1
Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment Options in Los Angeles

+1

I would advocate the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for the treatment of cellulite deposits, however severe, on the buttocks and thighs.  This has provided long term results in my patient base. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze for cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Consider cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is the first ever long-lsating cellulite treatment that, through one minimally invasive application, has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free. Unlike other forms of cellulite treatments, which use radiofrequency or laser energy over the epidermis, Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

+1

I would suggest you consider Cellulaze - a new FDA approved one-time definitive treatment for most types of cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength Nd:YAG laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The office-based procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon trained in Cellulaze treatment to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze is the newest and most effective treatment of cellulite

+1

Without question, Cellulaze is the gold standard for long term treatment of cellulite at this time (2/2012).  It was recently FDA approved.  Results have shown results lasting at least 1-2 years with a single treatment.  I uses a laser similar to Smartlipo which is modified.  It is done under local anesthesia, takes approximately one hour to perform, and days off work are about 2.  You wear compression stockings afterwards and have some bruising.  Unquestionably, this is a huge improvement over other treatments (Velasmooth, Exelis, Endermologie, etc) which have minimal or only short term effects.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Newest Cellulite Treatment?

+1

The newest procedure for treatment of cellulite is the Cellulaze.  It was just approved this week (1/30/12).  It is a laser treatment that divides the fiber that cause the puckering of the skin, it also stimulates collagen production to increase the thickness of the skin, and it destroys protruding fat cells in the thinned skin of cellulite depressions.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

New Cellulite treatment

+1

I prefer a radiofrequency system call Reaction from Viora. It has been shown in studies to reduce the appearance of cellulite by 55%.  I have used several of the other systems that were mentioned and I have been most happy with Reaction. 

Matthew Schulman, MD