Cellulite Treatment Before and After

I'm looking at the various before and after photos for cellulite treatment, and some of them look the same to me. What should I be looking for realistically in photos of patients after cellulite treatment?

Effective Cellulite Treatments and Other Myths

+2

I agree with Dr. Rand. The treatment of cellulite has been VERY disappointing for ethical Plastic surgeons and Dermatologists (the others market and sell everything and anything despite results), because most "treatments" are rather ineffective - despite their costs. Many appear to work, at least temporarily, by causing swelling in the tissues which mask the appearance of the dimples but as soon as the swelling goes away so do the "results".

Occasionally, when dimpling is caused by sagging thighs, a High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty (Lockwood) would fix the problem.

Dr. P. Aldea

Not much that's good for cellulite

+2

There have been no great advances in the treatment of cellulite despite many products, technologies and hyped up claims.  The photos that show minimal changes ARE realistic.  Those that show sigmnificant changes should cause you to question their validity. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for the hips and thighs

+1

I perform many cellulite procedures and feel that the Brazilian Cellulite Procedure provides optimal benefit for my patients.  A realistic assessment with your plastic surgeon should allow you to obtain objective advice on whether you are a good candidate. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Healing takes time

+1

Patients may see an improvement sooner than others, but Cellulaze takes between 3-6 months to be completely healed and see your final result.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Treatment Before and After

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many cellulite treatments currently available, but the one I use in my practice and would suggest is Cellulaze. Results are achieved with only one treatment, and your results will continue to improve over the next three to twelve months.Therefore, it is important to know that the final result is not instantaneous; it will take time. Best of luck in choosing your cellulite treatment. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Consider Cellulaze Treatment

+1

Cellulaze is a one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulite treatments

+1

Probably the most effective treatment, and it is only mild at best, is the use of Endermologie. Other technologies exist with varying claims of success but in many instances achieveing a response rate of 20% is typically the best that can be achieved with any modality