Cellulite in Arms and Nowhere Else?

I am 44, 5'4" and weigh just over 120 lbs. I have always carried a little extra weight in my upper body (apple shape) but in the the last couple of years my arms have gotten cellulite and the skin appears saggy. Making my arms look gross to me, my teenaged daughter said they look like man arms. I have been working out with a trainer, and they've only improved a tiny bit. Would lipo help, or would I need an arm lift? I used to be 110lbs in my 30's, should I lose 10 pounds?

Laser Cellulaze and cellulite treatments

+2

Hello. It's a bit difficult to tell without photos but given you age and weight it should be possible to improve on what bothers you with either Cellulaze and/or SmartLipo.

Many patients in my experience are able to get great results in the arms with SmartLipo or liposuction alone. If there is no fat present in the areas and skin tightening alone is the issue we have been able to get significant improvement with the Cellulaze laser.

Results will depend on the experience of the physician and their understanding of the Cellulaze technology so be sure to see a board certified physician with and expertise in Cellulaze. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hanging Upper Arms

+2

Women frequently complain about hanging, excess skin and fat in the upper arms. This is a common fat distribution pattern in women that is difficult to treat with diet an exercise alone. Conventional liposuction can be beneficial in this area. By decreasing the amount of fat in the lower arms, the tendency for this tissue to hang or sag is also decreased. One of the newest liposuction techniques is laser-assisted liposuction. This is often known as SmartLipo. With SmartLipo, not only is fat removed, but the skin is also tightened. Much like laser skin resurfacing, SmartLipo uses laser light to tighten the skin (from its undersurface). Increased collagen formation in the skin will create a firmer appearance to the under arm skin in addition to removing unwanted fat. This technique will also address cellulite by decreasing the amount of fat in the region. Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which technique is right for you.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite of the arms

+2

you need to be evaluated to determine if you truly have cellulite of the arms, if so, then a procedure involving Cellulaze, a procedure specifically designed to address cellulite would be in your best interest and the most effective treatment, addressing the dimpled areas, fat deposits, and thin skin

good luck

Sean A. Simon, MD

Cellulite arms

+2

of course it depends on how it looks, but based on 30 years experience,  I've found lipo remarkably effective for slimming arms as the weight of the fat is what makes the sag. Less weight,  less sag.  I've seen this work on pts to their 60's surprisingly. On the other hand the cellulite may not change or get worse. 

A brachioplasty makes pretty big scars in someone in their 40's and they tend to stay red for quite a while. The modified arm lift with an incision only  in the armpit doesn't work well for the kind of arms you describe. 

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze can work on any areas where there is cellulite

+1
Cellulaze is a great procedure that can help to remove the cellulite on the arms. It is a minimally invasive procedure to keep the area cellulite-free. Consult with your surgeon to find out is this procedure is right for you. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite in the arms

+1

Cellulaze is a very suitable option to treat cellulite of the arms because the laser is positioned right beneath the skin. In that manner, it can release the dimple bands, melt fat and tighten your skin. It is safe, effective and can be done under local anesthesia.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Arm treatment

+1

A physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.   Not sure what you are describing is cellulite.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS