Cellulite and Banana Roll - What Are my Options?

I am a 41 yr. old female in good physical shape w/good skin elasticity. I do high intensity cardio 3-5 times a week, combined with yoga and wight training. I maintain a healthy weight. (5'5" and 140 lbs.) The problem is I have a lot of cellulite, as do all of the females in my family. I also have fat accumulation on the bottom part of my buttocks. Is there a procedure or combined procedures that would help to address both of these issues?

Cellulaze and Smartlipo

+1

• I have done Cellulaze and SmartLipo in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

If you are looking for a long-lasting treatment for cellulite, consider Cellulaze.

Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment in Los Angeles

+1

I demonstrated the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment on television (The Doctors) and feel this is the most appropriate cellulite treatment for healthy women with cellulite.  The BCT procedure helps reduce fasciocutaneous bands that cause cellulite. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze & Smartlipo

+1

Cellulaze can help smooth out the cellulite and Smartlipo will remove the fat. Both resulting in tighter, thicker skin as an end result.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze +/- Smart Lipo for banana roll

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to get a full assessment on what are your treatment options.  For some of my patients I have combined Smart Lipo and Cellulaze to improve the shape fo the posterior thighs and buttocks.

I would definitely recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite Treatment

+1

Cellulaze is a one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulite and banana roll, can Thermage help?

+1

Liposuction can make a banana roll worse or produce a dropped buttock. Liposuction in this region needs to be done very conservatively.  Cellulite is not going to be permanently cured by any treatment but some patients do get improvement with Thermage long term with one treatment.  Endermologie and Velashape can provide good appearance with continued maintenance sessions in some people.

Ronald Shelton, MD