Cellulite and Cellulaze Post Pregnancy?

How soon after giving birth can I get cellulaze? I gained 30lbs during my pregnancy. I was on bed rest for the majority of it and wasn't able to work out. I noticed a large decrease in my muscle tone + an incredible increase in cellulite on my legs and upper arms. It's wild - my thighs (front/back/sides), knees, calves + upper arms are full of it. I just started working out (gave birth 6 wks ago) + have 15 more lbs to lose. Cellulaze or will it improve with weight loss and strength training?

Timing

+2

I would recommend you loose your baby / pregnancy weight first and then consider Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite and Celluaze Post Pregnancy

+2

I think it would be best for you to continue with your exercising and dieting to help get back to your original pre-pregnancy weight.  I think you will see a significant improvement in the cellulite appearance as you become more fit.  Once your are down to your goal weight and it remains stable for 2-3 months, then re-evaluate the cellulite.  If some cellulite remains, then you may be a candidate for Cellulaze treatment.   Please consult with a plastic surgeon experienced with treating cellulite.  Thanks for the question!    

Steven Svehlak, MD

Cellulze post pregnancy

+2

The appearance of cellulite can be worsened with weight gain.  I would recommend for you to lose your pregnancy weight first and see whether you want to proceed with Cellulaze.

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze and pregnancy

+2

Hi Widgette, I would recommend that you loose the weight and get back in the gym before considering any procedures. Some of the cellulite may be stretchmarks and some due to the increased fat in the areas. Asses how things are in 6 months to a year; then see a board certified plastic surgeon to realistically discuss your concerns. There may other procedures such as lipo-countouring that are now necessary. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Cellulaze after pregnancy

+2

After giving birth we would like for you to wait at least 6 months unless you are breastfeeding. In the meantime you can have a consultation with your surgeon to find out more about the procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1

When doing any kind of procedure, it is always best to do it at a time when your weight is stable. Weight lose will change the appearance of an area but if you still notice cellulite, Cellulaze is definitely the most effective treatment for cellulite in the United States. It is a one time treatment that uses a small laser fiber inserted under the skin through tiny incisions to tighten the skin and divide the fibrous bands that cause dimpling. Unlike other available cellulite treatments, Cellulaze does not require multiple treatments or maintenance treatments.

The results you can get with Cellulaze depend on your overall all health and degree of cellulite as well as the experience and understanding of the technology of the physician performing the procedure. There is definitely a learning curve to Cellulaze so be sure to find an expert in your area who is board certified and has a long experience with Cellulaze. Because Cellulaze is a similar technology to SmartLipo, a plastic surgeon with experience in SmartLipo may have a better understanding of the laser technology. Look at before and after photos to be sure you have a good understanding of what Cellulaze is capable of doing for you. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon