Considering Cellulaze?

I am 26/yr old female and I have had problems with cellulite since teenage years. I am not overweight and I work out 5 days a week. Squats,lunges, firming creme, etc doesn't improve the cellulite on my thighs and butt. I am considering cellulaze but want to make sure this is the most effective option for me. I also want something lasting, doesn't have much downtime so I can get right back to the gym. Thoughts or any other procedures I should be considering?

Laser Cellulaze cellulite treatment

+1

Cellulaze is definitely the most effective treatment for cellulite in the United States. It is a one time treatment that uses a small laser fiber inserted under the skin through tiny incisions to tighten the skin and divide the fibrous bands that cause dimpling. Unlike other available cellulite treatments, Cellulaze does not require multiple treatments or maintenance treatments.

The results you can get with Cellulaze depend on your overall all health and degree of cellulite as well as the experience and understanding of the technology of the physician performing the procedure. There is definitely a learning curve to Cellulaze so be sure to find an expert in your area who is board certified and has a long experience with Cellulaze. Because Cellulaze is a similar technology to SmartLipo, a plastic surgeon with experience in SmartLipo may have a better understanding of the laser technology. Look at before and after photos to be sure you have a good understanding of what Cellulaze is capable of doing for you. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze has Minimal Downtime

+1

Cellulaze is FDA approved and requires only minimal downtime. For targeted areas, the procedure can be performed in office using oral pain medication along with tumescent (liposuction type) infiltration anesthesia. Postoperatively, you can be up and around immediately; several weeks are required for recovery. Spanx are helpful to provide compression and reduce swelling.

Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if Cellulaze is right for you.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment - Los Angeles

+1

Cellulite can be pervasive and I have used the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment as the method of choice for patients with moderate to severe cellulite. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

You are a good candidate for Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is right for you! This procedure will smooth out the skin while keeping it cellulite free through one minimally invasive treatment. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening resulting in tighter, smoother skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Considering Cellulaze for cellulite treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. The only minimally invasive and long term effective treatment for cellulite is the Cellulaze laser. It was FDA approved specifically for cellulite treatment last year. Cellulite is not age related and you don't have to be overweight to have the condition. It is estimated that 85% of the female population has the condition. Any other treatment on the market today, is not as effective as the Cellulaze laser. It is done under local or minimal oral sedation if you desire. Depending on the size of the areas treated, it can take 60-90min to do the procedure. I prefer that my patients wear a compresion garment for 2-3 wekks post treatment. Otherwise, there's no downtime. The results are not instant, it takes 3-6 months for the final result. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the Cellulaze laser. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze for cellulite

+1

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Considering Cellulaze

+1

Thank you for your question regarding cellulite treatment.  Your frustration with cellulite is a common one.  Some studies indicate that about 85% of women over 21 years old have some cellulite, regardless of how thin they are or how often they work out.  I have been performing Cellulaze for over a year now, and patients have been very pleased with their results.  It seems that those who are in good shape, with skin that still has good elasticity seem to have the very best results, and it sounds like you fall into this category.  There are other cellulite treatments available, but they offer only temporary results and need to be repeated on a regular basis.

It is normal to experience some minor bruising, swelling and/or discomfort following your Cellulaze treatment which is typically well controlled with medication.  You will need to limit your normal activities for a day or two, but you should be able to walk shortly after treatment and resume work the following day depending on the nature of your job.

The cellulite skin tightening effects are typically realized by three months following surgery. They continue to improve for the six months following surgery as your body builds new collagen. Results appear to be maintained for at least 2 1/2 years following the treatment.

Most patients find that a little longer recovery for a one-time, long lasting treatment make Cellulaze very worthwhile.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in body contouring for the best result.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon