Can Cellulaze Worsen Cellulite?

One doctor has commented that Cellulaze has an equal chance of making cellulite look worse or better. Please comment as this would be important to the patient's decision making process.

Cellulite Worse?

+1

Cellulaze will help rid your body of cellulite, this method helps fight cellulite from under the skin.

Cellulaze does work for long lasting cellulite treatment

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  More than likely this doctor does not have experience in this procedure.  My patients that have undergone the procedure have been more than satisfied with the results.  I hope this helps and good luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Does Not Worsen Cellulite

+1
Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Worsening of Cellulite after Cellulaze?

+1

Cellulaze is the only FDA approved one time treatment for cellulite and has shown to have long lasting results.  So I would say that the statement is incorrect.  It may be possible that your physician was referring to post-procedure swelling that may worsen your appearance in the short term.  However, long term results have shown some improvement in the appearance of cellulite.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Cellulaze worsens Cellulite

+1

Cellulaze is the first really effective treatment for cellulite.  Patients do go through a swelling and healing phase at which time your cellulite may temporarily look worse but that is just part of the normal healing process and will subside and look smoother.  There is no reason cellulite should appear worse long term.  Thus far, all of our patients have reported improvement following treatment.

Grant Stevens, MD

Can cellulaze worsen cellulite?

+1

I will have to agree with my colleagues.  There is no evidence to support your physician's statement.   Perhaps what he/she may have been trying to say is that the swelling after your procedure may make your cellulite look worse for several weeks.   Because of the expected postoperative swelling, I always prepare my cellulaze patients for the worst case scenario:  things will look worse before they get better.   Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Can Cellulaze Worsen Cellulite?

+1

Who is the doctor your are quoting, where is this quote? I have not seen it but would like to read the complete statement and who exactly wrote/said it. 

Cellulaze has been proven effective for improving cellulite

+1
Clinical studies have demonstrated that cellulaze is effective in improving cellulite. I have never heard of cellulaze worsening cellulite. While there is some small chance of a complication with any procedure, the data just doesn't support the statement that there is an equal chance of making it better or worse.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon