11 Days Post Cellulaze and Have A Puffy/Numb Mass On My Thight? (photo)

Had cellulaze on June 1st. I am aware that the results are more accurate from 3 to 6 months and ofcourse am expecting swelling. However the back side of my left thigh has a pocket about the length and width of a small squash. Its numb and very puffy almost looks like a mass. When i went back for my 1week post op visit he looked and said it may be fluid. After inserting the HUGE needle it wasnt. The look on his face told me he didn't have a clue. Is this normal and what should i do about it?

Puffy Area 11 Days After Cellulaze

+2

Swelling can vary greatly not only from one patient to the next but it can vary from one leg to the other on the same patient.  Your lump could be swelling, fluid or even a deep bruise.  The best thing to do is to continue close follow up with your surgeon.  After 3 weeks or so, you (and your surgeon) may consider smoothshapes or lymphatic massage for your thighs and buttocks to help any residual fluid or swelling dissipate.  Unfortunately, with so many procedures, you look worse immediately after the procedure and the true results can take months to appreciate--but they are worth it!  Hang in there.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Choosing the right cellulite treatment in Los Angeles

+1

The puffiness may be related to bruising. I employ the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment and feel that it is extremely worthwhile in patients with cellulite . Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Follow up after surgeon

+1

The healing time for Cellulaze will take a few weeks, be patient. In the meantime make a follow up appointment with your surgeon to see if you are healing correctly.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Bump after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question and photo.  More than likely lthisis normal swelling in the area. Without knowing the pre-operative markings, this could have been an area that hab more fibrous bands, which could have caused more swelling in this area.  You are correct to realize that it will take 3-6 months in order to start seeing improvement in the areas.  Best of luck and I hope this helps.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

11 Days Post Cellulaze and Have A Puffy/Numb Mass On My Thight?

+1

The posted photos shows a seroma. Go back and have it aspirate or try again. I recommend external ultrasound therapy also. Regards from MIAMI 

+1

It looks like it could be a seroma (fluid collection).  Sometimes, you have to try multiple times before you get into the pocket in order to drain the fluid.

Rigo Mendoza, MD