Will a Second Cellulaze Procedure Help?

I am over 6 months out from my Cellulaze procedure and my Dr is agreeable to a repeat and thinks it will help. Results where obviously not great. I have been quoted half the price of the original procedure, I am disappointed to have to spend so much more money and the pain and recovery all over again is not making me any happier. Please advise if a second procedure could really be beneficial, if I am that close to results and wearing a pair of shorts it will be time and money well spent. Forever Wishful

Cellulaze touch-up

+1

A second Cellulaze procedure may be helpful, but as each patient is unique, it is best to consult with the surgeon who performed the first procedure.  In less than 3% of cases I performed, I have felt a secondary procedure would be helpful to achieve optimal results.  

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze touch-up

+1

A Cellulaze touch-up can help smooth out those stubborn areas of fat. A small amount of patients have needed an extra treatment.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Second Cellulaze

+1

The issue here is one of judgement and experience of the certified Cellulaze doctor. In my hands I offer secondary operations for cellulaze at a very reduced fee if not a cover expenses fee. In over 100 cases to date I have repeated approx 10 or 10%. Of those 10: 4 had very nice outcomes. 4 are still in healing phases, 2 had no improvements. Thus I NOW explain to potential Cellulaze patients there is a 10% chance of needing a secondary operation and a 2 to 4% failure or unhappy rate. I believe it is essential to be very honest and direct. But at the end of the day there still is NOTHING out that can give the results that CELLULAZE can in the majority of the cases. Just my view of things Regards from MIAMI. 

Is a second treatment recommended?

+1

It is difficult to say without seeing you or photographs of the area that was treated if a second Cellulaze treatment would be beneficial.  Cellulaze is meant to be a one time treatment but depending on the amount of area to be treated or the severity of the cellulite to begin with perhaps a second treatment may be of benefit or further enhance your results.  It would be wise to wait at least 6 to 9 months before considering a second treatment. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze second procedue

+1

It is difficult to determine without knowing exactly what you are unhappy with on the first procedure.  Also post-op care is so important after Cellulaze treatment.  I use MLD(manual lymphatic drainage) on every patient having Cellulaze treatments and this starts the day after the procedure.  A therapist specially trained in this treatment is so important.  I also feel that realistic expectations from any treatment are important upfront and this comes from extensive experience with the equipment.  I have been very happy with the results of this one time treatment.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

Second Cellulaze procedure?

+1

It is hard to give advice without photos or more information, but in general Cellulaze is a procedure that improves cellulite with one treatment.  However, we all know that the severity and type of cellulite is quite variable.  Some patients have more or less fat, a different quality of fat, or variable skin thickness, which may impact the results.  In my opinion, it is reasonable to consider a second treatment to improve the results, however at 6 months you are still quite early in the healing process and I would anticipate more improvement over the upcoming months.  

Michelle Spring, MD

Second Cellulaze procedure

+1

Thanks for the question.  Pre and post-operative photographs would help in rendering an opinion on the necessity of a second procedure.  Normally the procedure is done only once, as all of the causes of cellulite had been addressed during the surgery.  The patients in the study that were not satisfied after one procedure were noted to have such severe cellulite, that even with the one-time procedure it was not sufficient to effectively treat the cellulite.  Another procedure, such as Smart Lipo would have been more beneficial as the first line of treatment instead of Cellulaze.  On more than one occasion I have had patients come to my office for cellulite discussions and I have steered them away from Cellulaze, as I think they would benefit from laser lipolysis first before Cellulaze due to the contour deformities.  I hope this helps and good luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD