I Am Considering Cellulaze but Am Planning on Getting Pregnant in the Next Year. Would My Cellulite Return?

I gained 45 lbs with my first child (I generally weigh about 118 lbs) with a significant weight gain in thighs. I have since lost all of the weight and exercise and eat healthy. My cellulite became worse with pregnancy and has been hard to get rid of. I am worried about spending a lot of money on cellulaze only to get pregnant and gain weight again in my thighs. Would this cause it to come back? Or look worse? Would it be best to wait until done having children for best and lasting results

Cellulaze after pregnancy

+1

I would recommend on having the Cellulaze procedure after giving birth. This will help to tighten your skin and give it a smoother appearance.

Cellulaze vs. pregnancy

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  I would definitely wait until you are finished having children before considering Cellulaze.  Any marked weight gain during the healing and post-operative phase can alter the results.  Weight gain after this time frame can still have an effect on the overall improvement seen with the treatment.  Hope this helps and best of luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze and Future Pregnancy

+1

There is definitely no definitive answer on treating a patient with Cellulaze before or after pregnancy for optimal results or if somehow hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy can effect cellulite development.  If you plan on getting pregnant that soon, you may just consider waiting until after the birth of your second child and then proceeding.   Cellulaze would not effect where on the body fat cells will expand in the event of weight gain--meaning, if you have Cellulaze and then get pregnant or gain weight there is no reason the weight gain will not be in the thighs and hips again.  You may gain weight in the hips and thighs after Cellulaze but it most likely will look smoother. Stubborn fat and cellulite or not synonymous.  Stubborn fat can be addressed by liposuction or Smart Lipo but not Cellulaze.  Rather than worry or risk being dissatisfied later, just wait until after you have had your baby.  Good luck--in motherhood and with future Cellulaze.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

+1
Clinical studies have shown results can last for one year or more. However, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to continue to enjoy Cellulaze cellulite laser results. I would suggest receiving the treatment post-pregnancy. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze treatment

+1

Its difficult to look into that crystal ball and tell you what will happen in your future with a future pregnancy.

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

I Am Considering Cellulaze but Am Planning on Getting Pregnant in the Next Year.

+1

It is a possibility but we really do not know as of yet. I might recommend to have the pregnancy first. 

Cellulze Laser treatment of cellulite should not be affected by a later pregnancy.

+1

If you have cellulite that is bothersome, I would recommend going ahead with the Cellulaze treatment.  Pregnancy is not the cause of cellulite.  If a good response is achieved from the Cellulaze procedure, the results should be long lasting with or without pregnancy. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulaze before pregnancy

+1

Having Cellulaze treatment in the period before a planned pregnancy may be appropriate but the longevity of the results is unpredictable.  Cellulaze treatment will change the structure of the cellulite but there is no information as to what change may be experienced by someone who undergoes the treatment and then becomes pregnant.

Cellulite is a function of hormone levels and fat content in the layer just below the skin.  Gaining weight does not necessarily mean that cellulite will be worsened or gained, as storage fat does not affect the appearance of cellulite.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon