Is Cellulaze Really Not an Option for Me? (photo)

I have what I consider to be bad cellulite on the backs of my thighs and butt (I am 24, 125lbs). I recently went for a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is experienced in cellulaze. He examined me and told me that my cellulite is not that bad and that it is mostly from aging, that I would only see about 30% improvement and that I should wait until I am older. I know these pictures are bad quality but I don't understand why I am not a candidate and wonder if I should get another opinion

Get A Second Opinioin for Cellulaze

+2

I agree the light is difficult to evaluate in your photos. You do have your age on your side, at 24...your skin should have good elasticity and I believe I do see some form of treatable Cellulite in your photos.The only thing that would prevent you from having a great result would be if you have what we call contour irregularity, or excess fat...too much for the Cellulaze device to treat appropriately. Smart lipo of another fat removal technique however could treat that portion.Go get another opionion to see if you are in fact a good candidate

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze am I a candidate?

+2

Get a second opinion. Your photos do not demonstrate the severity of your cellulite. It is very difficult to take quality photos of cellulite because you need proper lighting. Having said that, based on the photos you posted, it appears as though you might be a candidate for Cellulaze. It has been my experience that people who have mild to moderate cellulite are good candidates, however, if you have an extremely mild case of cellulite, you may not get enough of a result to justify the procedure. 

Richard A. D’Amico, MD, FACS
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze candidate

+1
It is difficult to tell from your photos, but it appears your cellulite is milder.  We do see good improvements in situations like yours with Cellulaze.  Please seek an experienced provider who can advise you further.  Best of luck.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Mild Cellulite

+1

The pictures show mild (stage I) cellulite over the buttocks and posterior thighs. You are certainly a candidate for Cellulaze based on these photos.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Is Cellulaze Really Not an Option for Me? Should I Get a Second Opinion?

+1
Based on the photgraphs submitted, you are the usual candidate for Cellulaze, and perhaps some liposuction to enhance the result. Mild waviness and small dimples are intermediate severity cellulite. The less the problem, the greater the likelihood of smoothing. If the cellulite is a case of mild depressions and irregularities, less energy is used for release of the fibrous bands and more for skin tightening. Some women are concerned about cellulite that is Grade I, and there are some with Grade II and III. I would always want to be a lower severity grade.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Laser Cellulite Reduction

+1

Based on your age and photos (which are not GREAT...) and the apparent minor degree of Cellulite you should be a reasonable candidate for Cellulaze. Ultimately your satisfaction will be based on your expectations and whether the technology can deliver these results. Check with other board certified plastic surgeons in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze for another opinion. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of cellulite with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment - Los Angeles

+1

Deep pockets of cellulite can be definitively controlled and treated with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment which I demonstrated on the show The Doctors. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze treats the waves and dimples of cellulite

+1

Lighting is so important in evaluating cellulite and photos can be very misleading.  However, it looks as though you have both dimples and waves of cellulite.  Both of these may be improved by cellulze, but especially the waves.  You probably are a good candidate for cellulaze.  A second opinion with an experienced cellulaze doctor would help.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Cellulaze

+1

It looks as if you could do the Cellulaze treatment on your thighs. This procedure will help smooth over the skin while tightening the skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze delivers the best results for women who are not significantly overweight but have mild to moderate cellulite on their thighs. Based on your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for the treatment. I would suggest getting a second opinion from another Cellulaze physician.

Daniel Shapiro, MD