Cellulaze with No or Minimal Results?

With so many ladies now past the 3 and 6 landmarks the Dr's spoke of with no or bare minimal results, is it possible it could be directly related to the Surgeon not replacing the "fiber" when the amount "loaded" joules was reached? Failure of a fiber? Failure of a thermaguide and not being replaced during a procedure? There are quite a few of us not having results at this point and sadly a few of us with 2 procedures down after this "Highly" marketed "ONE TIME" treatment, any other thoughts???

Who Will Get the Best Results After Cellulaze?

+2

Cellulite affects everyone. Weight is one component of cellulite, but skin quality, genetics and physique play a role as well.

Cellulaze is an FDA approved laser that has been shown to reduce cellulite with long-term results. A single treatment is often all that is required, and it can be performed under oral sedation or light IV sedation, with minimal recovery.

Cellulaze works by targeting the three areas of cellulite. Cellulaze: 1) liquefies unwanted fat pockets, 2) cuts through the fibrous bands that contribute to dimpling of the skin, and 3) tightens the overlying skin by stimulating collagen formation.

The more severe the cellulite, the more effective the Cellulaze treatment. Surgeon experience is another factor, although minor in comparison to the severity of the patient's cellulite. This is because the laser energy is standardized for this device and is delivered based on the surface area being treated, and not the severity of the cellulite. Time is another factor. It takes about 6 months for the final results to be visualized.

Seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if Cellulaze is right for you.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment options in Los Angeles

+1

Time will tell whether cellulaze lives up to its marketing expectations.  To date, I believe that the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment is an excellent and predictable modality for cellulite treatment. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze results

+1

I agree with some of what has been posted so far -  there is a learning curve for the surgeons doing the procedure, and there is not equality in patient results.  I do not understand the fiber issue - yes they are expensive, but there is a limit to how many joules can be delivered per fiber, and then it has to be changed.   This is not something that is used after it has reached its maximum.   Nobody should be tinkering with the system in order to use fibers that are expired. (Even if this happens, though, it is unlikely to change the results.)  I believe that different patients have different qualities to their fat and cellulite, and this significantly impacts the results.  There is a limit to how many joules can be used - more energy can lead to more swelling, tissue burns, and seroma formation, so just experimenting with ever increasing amounts of energy (joules) is not recommended.     At the end of the day, this is a technology that can improve cellulite, but it does not erase it.  I typically tell my patients now that they can hope to see about 50% improvement over time (up to a year or more), and some see far more than this and a few see less, but at least we have our expectations on the same page.   Three months is too early to notice improvement, but by 6 months I feel that patients should start to see improvements.   This is a new technology, and it does improve cellulite in a way that no other treatment, in my opinion, can come close to.  However, there is always a learning curve for surgeons and patients regarding optimum treatment parameters and realistic expectations. 

Michelle Spring, MD

Be patient with Cellulaze

+1

Be sure to give yourself at least a full 6 months to see a result. It is possible you will see an improvement prior to 6 months, but be patient!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze with No or Minimal Results?

+1

Good observations but not the correct reasons! In my opinion based upon having preformed over 80 CELLULAZE operations I find the following observations. 1. Very high learning curve for the doctor. I am now at max energy, over 10 watts, with more joules being delivered to hopefully obtain better results. With that increased energy and duration I find local anesthesia is NOT sufficient. 2. Yes used up fibers NEED to be changed, the issue is the cost per fiber is high. In general I use on average case= 2 fibers or over 60,000 to 80,000 pulses (joules). 3. The thermaguide is only a protection device to help prevent high temperature effects - burns. The CELLULAZE will not function without a thermaguide in working order! 4. I agree at least 10% need additional operations maybe even more. So this is NOT a guaranteed "ONE TIME" operation!! 5. Doctor and patients NEED realistic expectations as to possible improvements of results attainable. I offer a 50% improvement on average and hope for higher. So this is a practicing boarded PS responding. I believe CELLULAZE "helps" but it needs a very experienced surgeon that does not "cut" corners in fiber use and has an attitude of realism in results.