Cellulaze in the Face?

I have been offered cellulaze to break down scar tissue/ fat transfer beside my mouth in marrionette line that has caused irregularity lumps. Is there a risk of nerve injury, more scarring? I can't find any information for it being used for this purpose, is it safe?

Cellulaze in the face

+1
Without a photo it is difficult to tell what the issue is. Am I understanding you have lumpiness in the face after fat grafting to this area? If so it would be important to know how long it has been since the fat grafting, where you are in the healing  process, and is the lumpiness due to excess fat or is it scar tissue.  If it is fat and it has been long enough after the grafting procedure you should be able to remove it easily with a tiny suction cannula. If it is fibrous or calcified scar tissue it is very unlikely that the Cellulaze laser or any other laser will be of help and could in fact make it worse by killing of fat cells that need to be there.  You should definitely see either your original surgeon or a board certified expert with an expertise in fat grafting and treating the complication. If it is scar tissue it may be possible to remove it through an intra-oral incision without a scar on the skin.  Hope this helps. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze in theFace

+1

The Cynosure Company made a smaller version of Cellulaze called "Precision TX" which is used in the face and neck to tighten the skin and melt fat. The laser heats the fat and skin to shrink wrap the lose skin of the face and neck. It is an office based treatment under local aneshtesia.\

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Cellulaze is for cellulite

+1

I'm not familiar with the use of cellulaze for the indication that you present.  Cellulaze is FDA approved for Cellulite treatment.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze in the face?

+1

It is best to have a consultation with your surgeon to see what treatment is best to suit your needs. There may be a laser that can help achieve the look you are looking for.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze off-label use not indicated

+1

Cellulaze is FDA approved for cellulite and use on the face is not indicated at this point. I would wait until clinical studies show validity before spending your money or risking your facial appearance. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellulaze in the Face?

+1

Cynosure, the company that makes the Cellulaze also makes a smaller version of the laser, that is used on the face.  It helps tighten the skin and felt some fat.  You can look at our website and see videos of it in use.

Rigo Mendoza, MD