Cellulaze for Skin Tightening?

I have loose skin on my stomach and some fat that I want to get rid of. I was offered Cellulaze for skin tightening and fat reduction. I did research on the procedure and all I can find is that it's only being done to treat cellulite, which I don't have on my stomach. My question is - is this procedure designed to be performed on a stomach and will it result in skin tightening and fat reduction in that area? Also, can liposuction be performed at the same time?

Cellulaze to tighten loose abdominal skin?

+3

I don't think this would work very well.  Cellulaze is specifically designed to address cellulite, which is a superficial issue.  Like any tool it is best applied to the job for which it was designed.

Cellulaze indication

+2

Cellulaze is FDA approved for the treatment of cellulite.  It doesn't sound like you are experiencing cellulite in your area of concern.  

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze on the stomach

+2

Cellulaze is a procedure designed to treat cellulite.  If you do not have cellulite, you are unlikely to get the result you desire.  Cellulaze will lead to some skin tightening since that is part of the treatment process in improving cellulite.  However, it is not meant to treat more than very superficial fat.  Based on your description, it sounds like you would be a very good candidate for SmartLipo.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Treatment

+2
Thank you for your question. Cellulaze can have a skin tightening effect, but ultimately it works to reduce cellulite. Based on your description, you may not be satisfied with the results if you are looking for tightening of the stomach area.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Skin tightening

+1
  • It's a bit difficult to answer without photos but Cellulaze certainly has the greatest ability to tighten the skin without the scars associated with more extensive surgical procedures. The results people get with Cellulaze depend on many things so an evaluation with a plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise with Cellulaze is important. I have found that to get the best results with Cellulaze it is important to deliver the laser energy to the very deep surface of the skin and not deeper in the fat layer and works on areas like the abdomen, neck and arms. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is for cellulite treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze for abdomen

+1

Cynosure Cellulaze was originally intended for the treatment of cellulite.  It can tighten skin and reduce some fat but without seeing you it would be impossible to say if that is the ideal treatment for loose skin and fat reduction on your abdomen.  Cynosure SmartLipo can also be used to address these issues but again, without a consult, it is really impossible to say if it is an option for you.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze versus Smart Lipo

+1

Hello and thank you for your questions.  Without photos or a physical exam it is difficult to recommend which procedure to perform in order to improve the shape of your midsection.  Cellulaze can remove small fatty bulges and provide skin tightening, but if there is a significant amount of fat and loose skin I would recommmend an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon that is experienced with Smart Lipo triplex.  Cellulaze can be done at the same time as liposuction.  Contact a PS that understands the combined techniques.

Cellulaze is for the treatment of cellulite.  It is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Smoother skin

+1

Cellulaze is designed to reduce cellulite in the area of concern. Smoother and thicker skin is a result of the Cellulaze procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Can Cellulaze be Used for Skin Tightening?

+1

Cellulaze works to treat cellulite by melting fat, cutting bands and by tightening skin.  This is really done at a more microscopic level  but can help with minor skin laxity issues.  To really address fat and loose skin in the abdomen, a procedure like Smart Lipo would be appropriate because it is more agressive at melting fat and tightening skin.  If you were to have Cellulaze, liposuction should not be done at the same time

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon