Cellulaze Not for Everyone?

I've been seeing a lot of mixed reviews on here regarding the treatment, even from patients who saw the same dr. My question is who is the best candidate for this procedure and who is not? Are there certain people who are not likely to see much if any improvement and others who can expect to see a good outcome? Also, is it possible it could actually make it WORSE?

Cellulaze and cellulite treatments

+1
Cellulaze is definitely not for everyone nor is it a perfect solution or cure for cellulite. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them.  Younger patients probably respond better in my experience than older patients to Cellulaze. Thicker skin probably responds better than thin skin with a Cellulaze treatment. Mild cellulite I think responds very well to Cellulaze. But remember 2 people with similar degrees of cellulite can have an identical treatment and satisfaction may be based on what their expectations were. That being said I believe Cellulaze is still the best treatment we have available to treat cellulite today. And I have never seen Cellulaze make cellulite worse, but to get optimal results it is definitely dependent on correct technique and an understanding of the technology. Hope this helps - Sincerely, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze candidate

+1

Cellulaze is great for those who have lumpy dimpling skin; this will help to smooth out the area. Consult with your surgeon to find out is Cellulaze will benefit the areas of concern for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Who are the Best Candidates for Cellulaze?

+1

Cellulite affects everyone. Weight is one component of cellulite, but skin quality, genetics and physique play a role as well.

Cellulaze is an FDA approved laser that has been shown to reduce cellulite with long-term results. A single treatment is often all that is required, and it can be performed under oral sedation or light IV sedation, with minimal recovery.

Cellulaze works by targeting the three areas of cellulite. Cellulaze: 1) liquefies unwanted fat pockets, 2) cuts through the fibrous bands that contribute to dimpling of the skin, and 3) tightens the overlying skin by stimulating collagen formation.

The more severe the cellulite, the more effective the Cellulaze treatment. Seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if Cellulaze is right for you.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for cellulite in Los Angeles

+1

I have found the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment to be the most effective longterm treatment for cellulite on the hips, thighs, and buttocks. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Candidates for Cellulase

+1

The best candidates for Cellulase treatment are those within 25 pounds of their idea weight, whose weight does not fluctuate greatly, who don't smoke, and who exercise frequently. Cellulase treats areas of cellulite--skin dimplying and irregularities. It can be combined with liposuction--Smart Lipo, to removed stubborn pocket of excess fat. Cellulaze will treat the fibrous bands holding the skin and fat on a more permanent level, whereas noninvasive treatments like Endomologie is temporary. I recommend you discuss your concerns with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience with Cellulaze.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Best candidates for Cellulaze

+1

The best candidates for Cellulaze are patients who have diet and exercise resistant cellulite and who have normal 2-5 pound fluctuations in their weight over their lifetime. Also Cellulaze treatments, like all surgical procedures requires a skilled board certified Plastic Surgeon who can assess the extent of your cellulite and help you understand if your unique cellulite distribution and severity will be improved with a cellulaze treatment. Best to review your situation in a formal consultation with a few Plastic surgeons so that you have a consensus on whether you are a good candidate and what your expectations should be.

Laurie Casas, MD

Cellulaze

+1

With every patient, there is an expectation and through that we can determine if they are a candidate or not.  Unrealistic expectations or desire for grade three cellulite to be gone are warning signs for me that the patient will not be satisfied and that perhaps this is not the treatment for them.  Cellulaze is currently, the gold standard int he industry for cellulite reduction however, there are non- surgical options depending on your expectations.  You need to have a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon to assess the area and determine which treatment is right for you.  Factors like health and expectations come into the discussion and require investigation to determine the right program for you.

good luck with your cellulite reduction treatments.

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Cellulaze not for everyone?

+1

Cellulaze is a great treatment for cellulite.  For many patients that come seeking a consultation for what they consider cellulite the problem is often cellulite and some excess fat.  Not all lumpiness is cellulite and can therefore be treated by Cellulaze.  If patients are hopeful that Cellulaze will make their legs smooth and even they may be disappointed if what they really needed was exercise, weight loss, some liposuction for contouring and recalcitrant areas of fat and Cellulaze. Expectations and  discussions about anticipated outcomes are essential.Though cellulite can not get worse with Cellulaze, in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon there can be contour irregularities from overly aggressive treatment or melting areas of fat that shouldn't be.  The best candidate is one that has a realistic idea about their outcome, hopes for improvement and not perfection and is aware of the all the factors contributing to the problem that is being addressed.

Grant Stevens, MD