Cellulaze Consult with New Doctor / Water Vs. Smart Lipo?

I have a consultation with a doctor that was just trained on the Cellulaze machine and will begin using it in May. Is the machine easy to use and should I be nervous being one of the firsts? Also, one consultation I went to recommended water lipo on the knees and smart lipo on the inner thighs and the 2nd doctor does not perform water lipo. Would there be a disadvantage to smart lipo in both places vs. water and smart lipo? Thank you!

Cellulaze for Cellulite

+1

Cellulaze is a minimally invasive cellulite reduction treatment that has the ability to smooth out the skin and keep it cellulite-free. Consult with your surgeon and make sure you feel comfortable with them and their credentials.

Cellulaze and Lipo

+1

Regardless of which area of the body you are treating with liposuction, the most important factor is the surgeon....even the best technology on market is only as good as the person operating it. When you find an experienced surgeon you trust and you have discussed your areas of concern, the decisions about technique for each different area should be left to them. 

When a procedure is relatively new it is difficult to find someone with great experience in that procedure alone.  If your surgeon has a great deal of previous Smart Lipo and Liposuction experience, they should be able to make the transition to Cellulaze quite nicely.  Consider also looking for a board certified plastic surgeon that has Cellulaze experience and may be better able to explain what you can expect from the procedure.

Good luck~
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze and Smart Lipo

+1

Thank you for your question. Cellulaze is an excellent option for removing cellulite. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. If your doctor has been trained to use the Cellulaze machine, then you do not have cause for concern. There is not a disadvantage to having smart lipo instead of water lipo either. Best of luck with your treatments! 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze is for Cellulite

+1

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

The Cellulaze is not hard to use if you have had prior experience doing Smart Lipo.  We are a training center for both Smart Lipo and Water Lipo (Aqualipo).  I would make sure your doctor has experience using Smart Lipo if you are going to be one of the first Cellulaze pateints.  As far as the other areas, either is probably fine but hard to say without pictures.

Personally I would recommend Smart Lipo on both areas.  The Cellulaze can also be done at the same time if it is not a big area.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Cellulaze, Smart Lipo vs Water Lipo.

+1

Many of the newer gimmicky lipos are unproven and have risks that are not worth it when compared to the best proven standard the tumescent local anesthesia lipo with the micro canulas.  Cellulaze may turn out to be ok in the future once more data is compiled.  It is very new and like most new laser treatments it may not prove to be what it says it can do.  I always keep an open mind to new technology and am hopeful of continued advances.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the questions. My concern as being a Smart Lipo, water lipo, cellulaze trainer is you posted no photos so very hard to accurately advise. Cellulaze is easy to preform but there is a very high learning curve. So if this Cellulaze doc was NOT using the Smart Lipo Triplex system before he/she obtained the Cellulaze addition or up grade than I feel you should wait until they have done at least 20 to 30 cases. As for which type of lipo to use in the knees, inner thighs either one would/will do. My preference is Smart lipo Triplex unit. This is just my personal opinion. 

Choose the surgeon for liposuction, not the machine

+1

With all the 'brands' of liposuction out there today the key decision is choosing an experienced surgeon, board certified in plastic surgery, established in the community. The Cellulaze machine may work just fine as can every other liposuction technique available. The 'just trained on it' is however a big red flag. Smart lipo, water lipo, just names of suctioning systems, the surgeon and result he can deliver should guide you.