Can cellulaze cause sagging?

I am interested in getting cellulaze for my cellulite on my posterior thighs and buttocks. I am wondering if cellulaze of this area would result in my buttocks sagging (since this area is to be treated)? My surgeon tells me that it would not and in fact can tighten of the skin. Does cellulaze slim down the areas treated in addition to treating cellulite? Thank you for your help.

Cellulaze and sagging skin

+1
Cellulaze should tighten not loosen your skin. The amount of tightening cannot be predicted but patients have been quite happy overall. Cellulaze only addresses the superficial fat pockets directly under the skin.   

Cellulaze and skin tightening

+1
Cellulaze is a superficial treatment developed to specifically address cellulite. It is not meant for large volume reduction. For that, conventional liposuction is better, provided the patient is a good candidate. What Cellulaze does do is to address the three components of cellulite, namely: 1/ localized superficial areas of fat "bulging"; 2/ fibrous bands pulling the dermis down, causing "pin-cushioning"; 3/ thinned, loose dermis. The last is corrected by directing laser energy UPWARD into the dermis, which results in tightening and thickening. This is where Cellulaze may be beneficial in your case, in order to minimize the risk of loose skin after the procedure.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Tightens Skin

+1

Cellulaze does in fact tighten the skin. Some fat is actually removed as well in the process, but fat removal is not the main goal of the procedure. The buttock and posterior thighs are an ideal location for Cellulaze.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze skin tightening

+1

I think the real benefit of the Cellulaze procedure is when the laser tightens the skin to reduce the cellulite. Most of the energy delivered during the procedure is from running the laser in very close proximity to the deep surface of the skin. This stimulates skin thickening and tightening which reduces the appearance of the cellulite. If you don't deliver enough energy to the skin or don't get the laser close enough the results are less predictable. It does not remove fat or reduce size of an area. Hope this helps.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze and Skin Sag

+1

The Cellulaze procedure is the only method to treat cellulite.  The use of the fine YAG laser under the skin melts the superficial fat, breaks up the fibrous bands between the fat globules (these are the bands that make your skin look like an orange peel), and heats up the under surface of the skin to promote new collagen formation so the skin to become smoother. The skin is tighter after Cellulaze not more lax. 

I highly recommend this procedure for cellulite.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can cellulaze cause sagging?

+1
The laser used in the Cellulaze treatment results in tighter skin not sagging. Follow your plastic surgeon's directions after the procedure to ensure the best results. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze tightens the skin

+1

Cellulaze is a minimally invasive procedure that will smooth out the skin while keeping it cellulite-free. The bidirectional laser beam makes the skin tighter; this does not result in sagging skin. Continue to wear your compression garment; you will see results at 6 months.

Bruce E. Katz, MD