Is This a Cellulaze or a Butt-lift Case? Thanks for Your Help. (photo)

I am very excited about Cellulaze.However, when I photoshop my pics to reduce the volume, I start looking like a boy- which I do not want.In the mirror, when I place my hands on the fattest part of my butt & lift up, I see a very nice round butt with smoothed-out cellulite.Does this mean that I am looking for a butt-lift?What does a non-BBL butt lift entail? Would Cellulaze leave me looking like a boy? I like the shape in the last pic - but that is a pt w a BBL & my but is naturally quite round

That "After" is a Brazilian Butt Lift - no Cellulaze was used

+2

Hi HappGrrl,

Thanks for your question.  The "after" photo you posted was a Brazilian Butt Lift case -- no Cellulaze was used.  That patient didn't have much cellulite before the procedure, nor does she have much now and in her post-op photo.  A BBL is not meant to address cellulite, which occurs closer to the surface of the skin than the areas a BBL targets, however, due to the stem cells in the fat that is placed, many patients see some improvement in skin quality.

From your photos, it appears you would be an excellent candidate for a BBL to re-shape the area using your own fat.  I agree that you probably won't get the look you want simply from liposuction.  You can look thinner, but not curvier.  With a BBL, I use fat from the areas we want to streamline and then build nice, natural curves in strategic areas of the buttocks to give it an overall more perky, curvy and feminine look.   

I would definitely encourage you to get consultation with a board certified plastic who specializes in BBLs to see if you are actually a good candidate, and how much benefit you can expect. 

One last note-  I noticed a post that said BBLs involve "a long scar across your back from side to side and is intended for patients who have a lot of extra skin."  That does not apply to the BBLs I perform.  I do them with several very tiny incisions-- just big enough to fit a cannula and suck out the donor fat. Since it mentions excess skin, I think that post might be referencing a technique or procedure that would be more in line with a body lift.  Thanks.

Cellulaze or a Butt-lift Case?

+2

Based on your photos I would not recommend either Cellulaze nor a Buttock Lift.  I would highlight your existing buttock by sculpting around it with liposuction of your waistline and outer thighs (saddle bag areas).  Then if there was enough fat harvested from this, transfer it into the buttock itself for more fullness/perkiness.  If not enough fat, a buttock implant would be indicated as a reliable and predictable long term option.  Glad to help...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift, Cellulase, or true Skin Tightening Butt Lift?

+2

A couple of issues. 
1) you do not need a true butt lift.  That involves a long scar across your back from side to side and is intended for patients who have a lot of extra skin. 
2) Cellulaze appears to work great, but it does not change your shape, it just makes your dimples (cellulite) better. 
3)  liposuction will make you smaller where you want. It does not necessarily have to make you more androgynous.  It can make your shape more feminine, but I would recommend removing fat from your waist and flanks as well.  It is a woman's slender waist in contrast to her well proportioned hips and buttocks that gives a very attractive and feminine look. 
4) I do believe the Brazilian Butt lift, including liposuction of your abdomen, waist and flank areas as well as of your lateral thighs (just lateral to the crease under your cheeks)   will give you a beautiful, feminine, hourglass shape.  At the same time the dimples of cellulite can likely be made better. 

Thank you for the compliments on my work.

Dr M

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt lift

+2

Your pictures are good, the wish picture of what you like can be achieved veru close, not exact.

You will need liposuction few areas and fat transfer to the buttock.

I do not believe you need a surgical buttock lift, where an incision is put on the upper part of the buttock and lifting the skin and removing extra skin. This is reserved for the massive weight loss patient with siginficant skin laxity.

Cellulaze for treating cellulite, I do not believe it works.

Is This a Cellulaze or a Butt-lift Case? Thanks for Your Help.

+2

Sorry for the confusion. The CELLULAZE is ONLY for correction of the cellulite in the skin. In other words the superficial dermal irregularities. CELLULAZE does not lift any tissues. So if you feel you need a "butt lift" than that is another operation that CAN NOT be done simultaneously with the CELLULAZE procedure. Best to see a certified CELLULAZE doc in your area. Go to Cellulaze.com input your zip code to find these docs. Hope I helped you. 

Cellulaze for Cellulite

+1

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian Buttlift

+1

The Brazilian Buttlift can produce quite a bit of lift without adding a lot of volume.  Not every buttlift has to double or triple the buttock size.  The dimpling does tend to improve after the several hundred I have done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian Buttlift Los Angeles, CA