How many cc's should I do?

I have lost 70 lbs with gastric sleeve surgery. I am a curvy size 8 now standing 5 fT tall. I am currently a saggy 36 D. I want to be nice and full and round. At least a DD

​Breast Implants and Breast Size After Gastric Bypass Surgery and Weight Loss

+1

Breast Implants and Breast Size After Gastric Bypass Surgery and Weight Loss

You will most likely need a lift after massive weight loss. The implant can be used to fill out the breast. It is really important to know what your bra size is and your measurements. Most likely, you will need an implant in the 400 cc to 550 range but we need more info.

After weight loss, lift is essential

+1
At size 36 D each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To go from a D to a DD would require 200 cc implants. However, since you have lost 70 lbs, you would need a breast lift. I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift(TM). This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Breast weight is transferred to the underlying muscle relieving pain and results in long term stability. At the same time, small implants can be placed if you desire. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How many cc's should I do?

+1

Sins on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Many patients who have had this degree of weight loss, benefit from breast lifting surgery as well as breast augmentation.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning), careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “DD cup” or etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be helpful to patients; this technology allows patients to visualize what their breasts may look like with different sizes/profiles of breast implants. I have found this modality to be a nice addition to the communication “tools” available.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Weight loss and breast surgery

+1

A combination of a breast lift and implants may be in your best interest. Without a photo, it is hard to determine implant size or type of lift you would do best with.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Implant size

+1

Great question. There are many variables involved in choosing an implant size. They involve both a discussion of your expectations while also factoring in the dimensions of your chest and the amount of breast skin that you are starting with amongst other things. Unfortunately, this is a question that can be best answered during an in person consultation as opposed to online.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift is often required after 70 pound weight loss

+1

Thank you for your question. A photograph would help. Typically after a 70 pound weight loss the breast not only loses volume but also sags. Often a combination of breast augmentation and breast lift is required to restore the breast after significant weight loss.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Biometric measurements of your breasts are required to estimate the proper cc size, and many practices have the Mentor Breast Implant Sizing system available which allows you to try various sizes in your bra.. You can also do the Rice test at home which is described in the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

How many cc's?

+1

Thank you for your question. You'll probably want a lift with your implants if your breasts are saggy. The best option is to make a consultation appointment with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the look you want to achieve.

Best of luck.

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after weight loss

+1

Typically most patients with significant weight loss need a lift with implants but a picture would tell more. I tell most patients to first figure out what volume you they feel most comfortable with as everyone's view or idea of what is perfect for them is different. So the first thing would be trying on sizers or performing the rice test which allows you to make sizers at home. This is the best way to gauge what size you may end up. But talk with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon