How Many CCs Will I Need?

Finally decided on getting silicone implants instead of saline. My PS is using Mentor, under the muscle, inframammary incision, & moderate plus.

I'm 5'9, 149lbs, full 34b.Trying to finalize size.I attached my wish pic, and my current size.Is there anyway to tell how many ccs I would need to get that size? I tried on 450cc and 500cc. 450 is small. 500 seems too big, but I was told that it wouldnt be that full since it's under the muscle.Any suggestions to get a similiar size? Amount of ccs?

Choosing Silicone Breast Implant Size

+5

It is very difficult to tell from a picture what is the implant size since it depends on the person's proportions as well as how much native breast tissue they have. In my opinion, you will need at least a 500 cc silicone implant, especially since silicone implants do'nt look as big as saline implants of the same size. Also, your plastic surgeon can use different sizers to check the final look before inserting the appropriate size silicone implant.

What size?

+2

Some of the answers on are very good.  I would just like to add that if you are going to go in the range of 450 to 500 cc implants you should consider the possibility that they may cause you neck and back pain.  Plastic surgeons reduce breasts as well as augmenting them, and it is not unusual to reduce breasts by the amounts that you are suggesting especially since you are fairly large in the first place. 

Al Aly, MD

Breast implants

+2
The exact size needs to include discussion of the implant profile as well. An implant that is to wide can cause problems as well.

David L. Abramson, MD

Choosing a breast implant size: Individual decision

+2

Choosing a breast implant size can seem confusing and anxiety provoking, but it is completely individual and looking at your breasts may be difficult secondary to your size. How an implant size looks when placed in the breast depends on the implant pocket, the quality of breast tissue and the tightness of your skin, so just holding an implant up to your breast is not a good representation. You have a lot of breast tissue and have a tendency for sagging so be careful with a large implant. The implant range you have chosen are large so make sure you have discussed the long term effects with your board certified plastic surgeon.  

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

WHAT SIZE IMPLANT?

+2

The photos are very helpful thanks.  I hope you realize that your breast shape is very different from your ideal result.  You already have a fair amount of breast tissue with mild glandular sagging and widely spaced nipples.  The larger the implant size the more spaced the nipples will appear postoperatively.  The larger the implants the more likely your breasts will sag with time. If you are willing to accept these consequences, I would recommend silicone gel implants placed in a subfascial postion.  With either size you will have a nice enhancement.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

You can get an approximate idea

+1

First of all, the wish pics that you got, may be on a website, where contributing physicians state the size of the implant that they placed. This would give you a ballpark volume. You have to remember that this patient may not have looked like you do preoperatively. You also have to understand that everybody is different. Bodies heal differently. It's not like plastic surgeons are working with wood or metal that can be cut and shaped to specific sizes.

Looking at the picture that you enclosed, I would say that this patient is at least a DD. Do you really want to be this large?

The most important thing is to discuss with your plastic surgeon what your goals are. He or she is the one who is providing the hands-on evaluation and could give you a more realistic answer than any of us commentators can. Good luck.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

I would suggest that you take this photo to your board certified plastic surgeon. Together you can discuss what you like about your ideal photo. Your board certified plastic surgeon will then have a clear idea of what you are looking to achieve in relationship to what you already have. It is also very important to discuss how the breasts will change over time.  Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Without a proper exam and discussion of your goals it is very difficult to say what would be best for you.  In terms of volume, you can always try the baggy test using rice or water.  As for the shape in your wish photo, every patient is different.