How Many CCs to Get a Small/full D?

I have my surgery booked and my plastic surgeon says the max she would put in is 255cc's (shes bringing 215, 235 and 255). Im a 34B with an 88cm bust and would like to go up to a 100cm bust. I will be getting round,high profile (I have a very narrow thorax) textured silicone Silimed under muscle implants. Im 5'6" 125 lbs with an 58cm waist and 100cm hips. Im thinking 250cc's will barely make a difference. How many cc's should I look into to get a 100cm bust? 1st pic is me 2nd pic is what i want.

How many cc to go from a B to a "small/full D"? 255cc is not enough!

+3

Jaycee, I respectfully disagree with almost everything your surgeon has planned for you!

First, you want to increase cup size from a B to a small/full D. Forget your circumferential chest/breast diameter, pick implant size that will give you the breast volume you desire, and then choose the profile of the implant based on the best diameter for that volume to correspond to your breast base diameter. For a 1 1/2 to 2 cup size increase, I would anticipate in the 350-450cc range. I may even recommend more if I had the opportunity to examine, measure you, and see what pictures you like (other than the swim-suited photo you included with your question). Trying on implants in a bra is also helpful! But looking at your swimsuit photo goal, and your own breast tissue from your photo, in combination with your 5'6" height, a 255cc high profile Silimed silicone gel implant has a diameter of 11.0cm,  I would estimate your breast base has a diameter of at least 14-15cm. You need both a bigger implant size, and a bigger implant base to give you the best, most natural look, and a normal (not too wide) cleavage.

• WRONG SIZE: WRONG PROFILE.

Further, Silimed implants are not FDA approved for use in this country (except for possible studies that may or may not lead to FDA approval), so why are you not using Mentor Memory gel or Allergan Natrelle cohesive gel implants? Is your surgeon an ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgery)-certified plastic surgeon, or is she a "cosmetic surgeon" with other certification?

• NON-FDA APPROVED IMPLANTS.

Textured implants are best if used above the muscle, to help isolate and minimize ductal bacteria contamination and formation of biofilm on the surface of your implants. It appears that for you, above the muscle is not recommended or necessary (you have nice breast shape, minimal ptosis, and have good breast volume without a thick fat layer), so I would recommend below the muscle for you ,as well as a majority of my patients. But below the muscle textured implants do not move and are therefore much more unnatural. Smooth round implants flatten and drop slightly to the side when you recline, just like natural breasts. Breast implants that poke straight up (because they can't move or slide due to tissue adherence to the textured surface) both look and feel unnatural!

• TEXTURED BELOW THE MUSCLE IS WRONG.

"Bringing three choices" to your operation means your surgeon does not stock all sizes--a small selection is ordered in advance of each surgery. How much breast surgery does this surgeon do? Why does she not have more sizes available? What happens in surgery if she puts in the 255cc implants and figures out that what I am saying above about size is correct? No other larger implant choices are available? In my office surgical facility we stock all sizes of breast implants and all profiles, with multiples of each, so we are not restricted to "what is available" or "what is being brought to the operating room." If you want bigger, who is she to say "This is the biggest I will put in."? Furthermore, at your height and with the look you are trying to achieve, I feel quite confident that these three choices are totally inadequate for your wishes AND anatomy.

• NO OTHER SIZES AVAILABLE. WRONG SIZE (TOO SMALL).

I truly do not wish to sound disrespectful to a surgical colleague, but this is all wrong! I believe that if you inadvisedly decide to proceed with your surgeon's recommendations, you will be forced to pay for a second operation and new larger implants. See several other experienced, board-certified (ABPS) plastic surgeons who perform lots of breast augmentations, and get several other opinions. Without examining you, I still stand by mine--I believe to achieve your stated and pictured goals you would be best served with 450-500cc smooth, round, cohesive moderate profile (perhaps moderate plus profile) silicone gel implants placed via an inframammary incision into the subpectoral position (subfascial inferolaterally).

• WRONG SURGEON?

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Volume and Breast Cup Size: Not predictable

+2

Breast cup size is a very personal and arbitrary measurement that roughly translates to about a 200 cc volume in a normal sized patient. This as well depends on whether the implants are placed under the muscle, implant shape, and your breast skin quality. It is very hard to discuss exact cup size after breast augmentation because it will depend on who fits you, what type of bra it is and what kind of fit feels comfortable. This being said, you may be exactly right that this volume and style of breast implant will likely not provide the outcome and size you are looking for. Based roughly on your size and body, you may consider a ball park 375 to 425 cc moderate to high profile implant to give you the volume that you want. By the way, you may want to consider a moderate to moderate plus implant to increase your breast base. A high profile breast implant may be too narrow. Let me know if you have questions. Dr. Trussler   

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

CC"s

+2

Based on your height, weight and the photo's you have submitted, I do not believe a 255cc HP implant will create the look you indicate that you desire. A variety of factors come in to play in choosing the right implant size. For more information and to learn how to pick your size and look, feel free to visit our site and more extensive info on our blog. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size selection

+1
To determine the ideal size (and shape) of a breast augmentation surgery, your surgeon should use biodimensional planning techniques, described in the video.

In order to communicate to your surgeon the result you want, look for patients who look like you before surgery, with an after result that is what you are hoping to achieve. Ideally, the surgeon you select will have many examples of starting points like your with results that are appealing to you.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Larger implant for a larger size.

+1

Based on the photos you have provided, I do not believe that a 255cc implant is going give you the look you are going for. A proper breast exam is required to give you more accurate estimate on implant sizes that would fit your body and achieve your goals. I would suggest a second opinion prior to surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What is the right size?

+1

This is not an exact science but I think the best advice would be to have your plastic surgeon create the pocket and put in different size implants till they achieve a size you may want.It may not be possible because of how your skin will stretch but that is what I normally do.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Large breast implants

+1

Just from looking at your photographs, I doubt whether you would be happy with a 225cc implant. That would only increase your cup size by about one and a half! I want my patients to be very much involved in determining what size implant for me to place rather than me just deciding. Also, I would think about placing the implant on top of the muscle. See my other response regarding this. We do have an unbeatable, all inclusive breast enlargement special at the moment. Watch my videos. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How Many CCs to Get a Small/full D?

+1

From your posted photo I would recommend at least a 400 to 500 cc HP implant to achieve the size you desire. Also I do not use the textured implant but I prefer the smooth, more wrinkling with the textured. As for HP vs MP, always go for "projection" not width. It is best to fully discuss your wants to = the possible results. From MIAMI 

Breast Augmentation, Breast Enlargement, Breast Implants

+1

The photos are helpful but it is still necessary to measure your chest wall and determine the laxity in your skin and muscle to determine the size of implant that would be ideal for you.  Also the shape of your breasts before surgery will determine the shape after surgery.  You may not get the look that you want exactly.  I would use silicone gel implants smooth walled and high profile placed under the muscle or in the sub-facial location.  Once again the size would be determined with face-to-face measurements and intra-operative sizers. 

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon