How many ccs do u recommend for my body? (photo)

Hello, I'm 5" feet tall, weight 103 pounds, have a 28" ribcage. Wear a 32A and would like to wear a 32C. I would like to look like http://www.realself.com/review/brea-ca-breast-augmentation-torn-sizefeeling-unprepared What size would you recommend? And profile? Ultra high? I would truly appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

How many ccs do u recommend for my body?

+2

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast augmentation sizing

+2

Hello RobertaV-

Helping a patient decide what breast size she would like to be after surgery is a critical part of the preoperative assessment. I can always take a guess at a size but that is not as helpful as the following exercises:

1. Choose five or more photos of women's breasts in whom you like their size. It's preferable to have naked photos (versus with bathing suits or bras) and have the woman standing in a neutral position. Also choose five or more in whom the breasts are bigger than you want. 

2. Buy a bra that you would like to fit into and fill it well with partially filled half and full baggies filled with flax seed (or any filler you want). Make sure the lower and lateral breast is filled out well. You can then measure the flax seed at home by putting it into a measuring cup which will have ml measurements on the side…ml (millimeters) are the same thing as cc. That will give you the best idea of the volume that you may want. 

3. Have your surgeon's office review these photos and measurements with you and take a photo of you in your stuffed bra. They might also replace the flax seed stuffing with silicone tapered sizers, if they have them available. 

4. Have your surgeon use intraoperative sizers before deciding on the implants optimal for you. 

5. Its helpful if your surgeon has a consignment of implants at the surgery center so that you can ensure that the chosen optimal size is available for you. 

I hope this helps hope.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How Many CCs with #BreastAugmentation

+2

From your photos it appears that you not only need a breast augmentation, but also a lift. Although this cannot be determined via photos, your nipples are already at the level of the breast crease and will sit very low on the implant once placed. I would consider both a lift and augmentation, unless you are ok with a low placed nipple and areola. The patient you referenced had a lift on one side and has a nipple still above her fold pre-op.

See a board certified surgeon in person to get a formal opinion. No patient "wants" a lift but that is better than two separate procedure. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

​Implant size selection?

+2

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
From your photographs, you have ptosis of your breasts and asymmetry. The right breast is larger and lower than the left. I recommend you undergo a simultaneous lift at the same time of augmentation. At size 32 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you to a 32 C. The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. You will need two different size implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing The Best Implant Size

+1

Thank you very much for your question and pictures.  Choosing an implant size is a very individualized decision and comes about after a thorough discussion of your desired goals and meticulous evaluation of your anatomy.

Often times a patient will come to me and ask for a particular number of 'ccs.'  I explain to them that this like comparing apples to oranges (i.e. comparing their friends goals and anatomy to theirs).  Here's why; the optimal implant size will depend on numerous factors that can only be determined by BOTH YOU AND YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON!  The most important consideration is your personal goal.  What do you want to look like?  This can be communicated in many different ways to your plastic surgeon.  Once a desired goal is set, then your plastic surgeon can assess you and best determine the right size implant for you. In my practice, I use temporary sizers in the operating room to assess your results and will pick the perfect size that will achieve your desired outcome.  

COMMUNICATION with your plastic surgeon is very important.  Always speak up and share your goals, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with particular expertise in breast surgery and feel confident that he/she is on the same page as you.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift and 300-350 cc breast implant should give you a nice result.

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Congratulations on your excellent condition and shape.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Recommendations given on the Internet should not be followed but you should rely on the opinion of the breast surgeon that you choose and who has examine you and done sizing.

That said I agree with others that you will likely need a breast lift as well as breast augmentation.  To achieve AC cup in my experience requires at least a 300-350 cc breast implant, however your surgeon will decide if this degree of augmentation is possible after your breast lift.

Please read the article in the link below on determining size.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Size

+1
I generally tell patients that an implant that is 300 to 400cc's will make them a "C" That said I do not guarantee cup sizes as they vary so much fom manufacturer to manufacturer. I have patients put implants in a bra till they come to the size that they want to be and then inform them of the risks and benefits of their choice. I would find a board certified PS's in your area who are breast experts and have them do what I have suggested. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Implants size

+1

Thank you for your pictures.

I do suggest a 300- 325 cc´s to get you to a full B probably a C if your skin has elasticity. In recommend a physical evaluation to determine the size and type of implant.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon