How Many CCs to Reach a Full C?

i am 5'3 and about 120 lbs.I started out with about a 34B cup with a good amount of breast tissue. i have a 27 inch rib cage and I had 300cc implants put in, approx. how large will I be once the swelling goes down?

Bra size after breast augmentation

+1

It is hard to predict a bra size after breast augmentation.  Depending on brand, style, and shape, the cup size often varies.  With 300cc implant volume, you may be full C, possibly small D.  Wait on buying new bras for 3-4 weeks.

Full C after augmentation

+1

Bra manufacturers vary in volume per cup size.  That said, generally 300 cc added to a B cup should take you to the full C cup range in most manufacturer cup sizes.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

How Many CCs to Reach a Full C?

+1

Without a posted photos very hard to advise. But my guess is a 300 cc will make you a small C cup. I think a 375 to 400 cc HP would have been a wiser choice, just my opinion. 

On the average one cup size is 200 cc

+1

Dear lady, usually the result is final after 2-3 months. 200 cc's per cup size is a rule of thumb which I handle with a reasonable predictability, so starting from a B you should now have either a full C or a small D-cup.

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon

Determining cup size and cc's

+1

It is difficult to determine exact cup size post-operatively. Every manufacturer produces a variety of bra styles, which may differ in size and shape. Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Predicting Breast Size After Augmentation

+1

In our society the only language that we use to talk about breast size is bra size.  Unfortunately the garment industry does not have standard sizing and bras vary both by brand and by style.   I think it is important not to let the size of your bra tell whether or not your goal was met.  Instead you should see if the breast size enhances your body in and out of clothing. Hope you like your result!

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Reaching a full C-cup

+1

If you started with a B-cup and had a 300cc implant placed there should be little doubt about you reaching a full C-cup after your breast augmentation. You may even fit some small D's, however after swelling I bet you hit your mark.

peterejohnsonmd

34C

+1

While all the information you provided is helpful, I can only offer some advice. Be patient and enjoy your new look. Stay in touch with your surgeons. Implants are a certain volume and while one size may produce a C cup in one patient the same size could be a B cup in another. There is not a great deal of swelling but your implants will usually soften and settle in two months so your size should not change much. Enjoy

Richard Linderman, MD