How Many CC's Do I Need to Get to a Full D? (photo)

The doctor suggested a full anchor lift and she will make my nipples smaller too. she suggest moderate plus under muscle.She said since one breast is much smaller than the other, she is going to have to get the larger breast down to the same size as the smaller breast so the implant size will be almost the same. I tried on 400cc's in a tight sports bra, but im scared i will end up a DD. I just want to be a full and perky D. What do you suggest?

currently a very very deflated C (small c on right large c on left)
5'6
155 lbs
broad shoulders

400 ml implant will be close

+2

I suspect 300-400 ml will be an appropriate range for you to achieve a full D cup size.  Of course examination and in depth discussion is key.  If you liked how you looked with the 400 ml implant while trying it it will likely be close.  I do not see the "significant" breast asymmetry that you mention in your photos.  I suspect your breast folds are a little asymmetric. I think you are on the right path.  Discuss all of your doubts in depth with your plastic surgeon as she will be able to answer your questions with greater certainty.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-augmentation.cfm

Breast Lift with Implants

+2
  1. There are many patients who ask for 'full and perky D cup breasts'.  This may be unrealistic, especially in the long term.
  2. The asymmetry can be corrected with the lift, so that same sized implants can be used, which will provide a more stable result over time than implants that have different weights.
  3. The larger the implant you use, the more likely your breasts will droop again (NOTE: breast implants are not like Helium balloons, they are heavy, especially large ones!)
  4. Sizing implants is tricky, especially if you use bra sizes as a reference.  It is best to use the width of your breast (as it will be after the lift) as the main reference.  
  5. THERE IS NO CONSISTENCY TO SIZING BETWEEN BRA MANUFACTURERS.
  6. Full D-DD cup breasts don't stay perky for very long!
  7. Avoid over-enlargement to avoid :
    1. Looking overweight
    2. Setting yourself up for sagging again
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Implant size to achieve goals

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
In order to achieve your goals it will be very important to communicate very clearly with your plastic surgeon. When patients use the words “natural looking" or "D cup",  they are leaving a lot open to interpretation. In other words, those words may mean different things to different people. Also, a "D cup"  may mean different things to different people and will differ depending on who makes the bra.

In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  These  pictures help with the communication;  sometimes for example I am surprised when patients show me pictures of what they would like to achieve and what they consider to be too small or too large.
I would also suggest that you do not base your happiness/satisfaction with the results of surgery  on a specific cup size;  better to base your satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a certain “look” and/or proportionality.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Full D with 400 cc implants?

+1

The baggy test is a good one, but remember the volume of the implant does not always correlate to the cup size. You may be slightly bigger or even smaller.

Achieving Purky Full D With Breast Implants

+1

Dear CalGirl,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

It is obvious that you have size asymmetry where the right breast is smaller than the left one.

Gravity will play its role when large implants are used hence sagging will take place.

I believe that with the right size implant and lift, achieving a full D with perky look will fit you best. So at 400 cc, you may may be pushing the limits in terms of long term satisfaction.

Nonetheless, I encourage you to seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who will guide you to make a well informed decision as just trying the 400cc with a sports bra may not be the answer.

Please do check my website (attached to the response) for before and after pictures, especially the 47/94 from the breast augmentation section that will relate to your case.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Getting a full D cup with a lift

+1

I would agree with the previous comments and add the following:

Large breasts cannot defy gravity, the larger they are, the more they will droop.

Your skin has already shown the tendency  to stretch...putting more tension on your skin by further tightening it and filling it more will only lead to more stretching and sagging.

If you have a surgeon who uses a modestly sized symmetric implant with a procedure to even out your breast tissue and perform a lift that does not only rely on the skin to hold things up you have a very reasonable chance for a pleasing result.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon