How Many Cc's Do I Need to Go to Get a Full C/small D?

Im 5'7 and weigh 135. My cup size is a 34A now. My surgery is December the 9th.

Try some rice...

+2

Get a ball park estimate how much volume you would like based on you chest diameter and the cc's or implants in that range.  Then fill a zip lock back with the number or cc's in rice.  Place it in a soft bra and see if you like what you see.  It is not a perfect estimate, but it works in my practice.

Boise Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How many cc's to get a C or D cup?

+1

This is difficult to answer and depends on each patient. We use a sizing process in our office where a bra is filled with a specially designed silicone sizer which helps give the patient a good idea of what they will look like after the procedure. Most surgeons will use your breast diameter as a useful means of determining implant size.  We will soon be incorporating new 3D technology that will help the patients get a more realistic impression of what they may look like after surgery, and pick up on any asymmetries that may be missed in the preop exam. Good luck.

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Do not get fixated on a letter

+1

Is very well known that different bra makers have different sizes. The most important is the way you look. Many surgeons will measure you and tell you the implant size your body likes. It is my opinion that it does not matter what your body wants but what your brain desires. My patients try sizers in a bra and then they look in the mirror, with this simple process almost all of my patients are happy with their final result, if a patient likes a implant that it is too large for her body, then it is my job to let her know about the possible complications, but at the end it is the patient decision. You need to talk to your surgeon and they should be able to help you with this important decision.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - How Many Cc's Do I Need to Go to Get a Full C/small D?

+1

It's hard to give an absolute answer - and it may not be in your best interest to do so.

Choosing a breast implant is actually a fairly involved process - you have to consider many factors.  Enough so that I put together a video (see below) that addresses the major factors.

In general, it's ABOUT 5-7 ounces per bra cup size, with more if you're larger (taller is just one part of that), and less if you're smaller.  But you have to have enough skin...and then you still don't want to look too implanty (in general, again...).

Based on that you would probably need over a 400 cc implant...is that what you want?  The larger the implant the more you risk looking implanty.

This, of course, is a discussion you have to have with a surgeon who can examine you in person.  Taking all the factors into consideration - size of implant, type, incision, location, style - is the best way to increase the likelihood that you'll get the result you want.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast implant volume

+1

As already noted in various surgeon answers here, it's difficult to predict the size of the implant to the actual resulting cup size. That said, the most popular implant size is 300 cc's (or 10 ounces). To get an idea of what you might look like, place the desired volume amount of water into freezer bags and place them in the lower part of your bra. (30cc = 1 ounce)

Doing that will give you a general idea, but there are many other factors besides volume size to consider including:  saline or silicon, round or oval, textured or smooth, under or over the muscle, location of the incision, with or without a lift, and profile (high or moderate).

Be sure to discuss your desired result extensively with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to your surgery to get the best possible results.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

How Many CC's D I Need in Breast Augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation is additive so it really depends on how much volume you start with. Without pictures there is no way to even estimate and even with photos it is only a guess. The best way to figure this out, in my opinion, is to have a sizing session with your plastic surgeon, in which you try different size implants in a bra, with and without a tight shirt, in the mirror. This will give you a close approximation of how you will look, and that is more important than cup size, which is too vague and variable.

Joseph Fata, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

When contemplating breast implant surgery, there are four decisions that must be made:

1. Type of implant, saline vs silicone
  2. Incision choice, inframammary, peri-areolar, trans-axillary and through the belly button
  3. Above or below the muscle
  4. Size of the implant

The most difficult decision, by far, is the choice of size.  The size of the implant depends on many factors;

• Your existing amount of breast tissue
  • You chest wall configuration
  • Your desired final size
  • Your surgeon's evaluation and comfort level

Look at as many before and after pictures as possible on the Internet.  Make sure you are looking at women who are similar in shape and size to you, compare apples to apples, not to oranges!  Try on sizers, place implants inside of different bras and experiment with different types of clothing (tight sweaters and loose sweatshirts).  Talk to other women who have had breast implants placed and their experience.

A general rule of thumb is for each 200 cc of implant size, the increase is one cup size.  As an example, if you are a 34 B cup initially, a 200 cc implant will make you 34 C, a 400 cc implant a 34 D and a 600cc implant a 34 DD.  Bra manufacturers have no set standards for bra sizes between them, and vary widely.  A Bali 34 B could be a Victoria's Secret 36 C!  In fact Victoria Secret's bras routinely run quite small, that is to make you feel better about the size bra you are purchasing!

So, using our formula if you are a 34 A and wish to go to a full C, small D, I would recommend an implant around 400-500 cc in size.  Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+1

This is a common question. It'd hard answering without the measurements of your breast. The appearance of your breasts will also dictate the appropriate size. I recommend you set up a consult with your plastic surgeon to get a better idea of what you are looking for. Good Luck!

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Understanding Implants and Outcomes

+1

Hi there-

These types of questions are asked so frequently on RealSelf that you could probably find many essays on the subject right here on the site...

Please remind yourself as you go through the process that what you are after is a certain APPEARANCE, right??

Here is some advice on the process:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS