How Many Cc's Should I Get for Saline Implant, Looking for a Full D Size?

I'm 5'3, medium frame, 158pounds, more muscle then fat, looking for a full D. I would like that natural round look for my breast. I'm wondering if 500cc HP SALINE would be good for my frame? At the moment I'm a small B, no breast tissue on top, and some on bottom, saggy boobs..I have one kid.

D cup from B cup

+2

As others have stated, this really requires an physical exam to answer.  However, a high-profile 500cc saline implant in someone 5'3" seems like a high risk of having an unnatural result.  The most important thing you said regards the sagging of the breasts.  Sagging breasts with a large implant result in large sagging breasts.  You really need to consider whether or not a breast-lift (mastopexy) is needed.

Size wise you are in the right range

+1

Just considering the numbers that you have provided you are in the approximate range to go from a B cup to a D cup.  I would recommend trying on that size implant to verify that that is in fact the cup size that you would like to achieve.  Another thing to consider is the "natural" look that you want to achieve.  You are describing some breast tissue sagging which may indicate that you are also in need or a candidate for a breast lift.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. 

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hello

+1
In our practice we like to say that 225cc equal one cup size. If you're a B cup and you want a D cup your in the right range. It's hard to really tell without an exam and our pictures.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

How many cc's to get?

+1

In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size.

If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

D Cup with 500cc Saline Implants

+1

There are so many variables in your question that no one can really answer it with any accuracy. What your body and breasts look like, the degree of breast sagginess you have and your envisionment of what a natural D cup looks like all makes for any size result estimate as only a guess. It would likely be fair to say that a 500cc implant will probably make you a D cup but whether that will appear natural to you is another matter. Having an in-office consult using gel sizers would be the most helpful. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Saline implants for full D

+1

Thank you very much for the question. The best way to address your question is through in person consultation. I would not do you any good giving you an answer online. The decision on implant size depends on multiple factors; breast shape and size, skin elasticity and what you desire. The other thing here is there is little correlation between cup size and implants size.

You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon and address these questions during the consultation. It will be helpful to you if you take photos of what you want to look and check the surgeons before and after photos. Good luck

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

How many cc from B to D

+1

Hi, there is only one way to estimate how many ccs you will need to go from a B cup to D cup and thats to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and get examined and measured and also review several pictures of other patients to have a better idea. You may need a breast lift as well and only your surgeon would be able to tell you if you do or not.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Implant size selection

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning and  2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

hope this helps!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS