How Many Cc's to Achieve This Look?(photo)

As this mark-up as a guide, using silicone implants, how many cc's/lift would it take to achieve the accompanying look? I am a 34B, 5'71/2, 125lbs, 28inch rib cage, age 35. I have enough breast tissue but fairly thin/translucent. My breast fold isn't even - one sits much lower - and one breast is larger.

How many cc's needed to obtain a specific look

+1

Trying on implant sizers can give you a reality check. Most likely you will fall somewhere between 300 to 400 cc's depending upon whether you want to push the envelope or be conservative. An in person consultation will help to settle the sizing issue. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

How many cc's ?

+1

The ideal size breast implant for any patient is determined by a number of factors.  Each patient has the desire to look a certain way after surgery. Each patient's body is different and the size implant must be individualized for each patient.  You may not be able to reach the bra or cup size that you want to be because the implant necessary to reach that result may simply be too big for your body. It will be impossible for me or for any of the plastic surgeons on line to give you an answer as to what size implant will be optimal for you.

For this reason it is necessary to meet and discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who will listen to your goals and examine you and tell you what size range of implants will be appropriate and this is the range you should use. This will certainly make you larger but you may not be the exact cup size you had in mind simply because your individual anatomy may not allow it. You may not be able to look like the patient in the "after" photo because her height, weight and breast size and shape may be very different from yours to begin with.

Choosing an implant that is too large can cause a number of problems the majority of which require more surgery to repair. Making a decision that sets you up for more surgery is not ideal. Consult with several plastic surgeons if possible. I would not listen to your friends or family because they do not know what is best for you.  The details of the surgery including selection of breast implant size should be left to the plastic surgeon.

Thank you for your question and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size

+1

As you can see from the answers this question cannot be answered on line. You obviously have seen a plastic surgeon(your pictures are marked up) so he/she is the best person to give you that information. If you are unsure of the recommendation then talk to your plastic surgeon and express your concerns or seek out another opinion in person. Best of luck.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

How Many Cc's to Achieve This Look?

+1

Great photo but hard to answer because there is so much more that determine the choice of implant size and shape than a few written words and a photo. Seek more in person evaluation. 

Implant size selection

+1

I would need to take measurements of your chest wall during a formal physical exam to make any specific recommendations.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.  This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What size implant to use?

+1

Thank you for your email.

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  Some places have you put bags of rice or implants in your bra – that is normally not very accurate.

A good examination will be helpful to be able to discuss lifting the breasts as well and correcting the breast asymmetry.