Cc's? 11 Days Til Ba and Worried About What Size to Get?

I'm 13cm and the dr said 375cc is the recommended size for me. I'm 4'11 115. The pre op nurse convinced me I should go bigger so I won't wish I would have later. That makes sense to me but I'm scared I went too big. I'm like 34b-ish now. I did 450cc and she said if I got 475cc I will have nice lift. I feel like it will be huge. I see so many before/after pics that are different and can't figure out if I should go with the extra 25cc or if the 450 is too much. Am I worrying over nothing?

Sizing for BAM

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

What size breast implants?

+1

Bigger is not always better.  For your size, the implants that were recommended seem quite large to me.  You need to square this away with the doctor before the day of surgery.  I agree completely with a previous post that questioned the "lift" effect of implants.  They absolutely do not give a lift, they are heavy will cause more sagging over time.  You are quite correct to be concerned about this.

+1

Unless you are paying the nurse to do your surgery, I would think it best to listen to your surgeon. By the way, how does adding more weight to the breast with a larger implant give you more lift? The last time I checked, gravity pulled weight down. Sounds like your doctor might want to place an ad for a new nurse.

Choosing a breast implant

+1

Choosing a breast implant is best done in a cooperation between the patient and the doctor, not the nurse.  Not all patients want to be bigger in the end, in fact, I just got done seeing one from KY who needs to downsize her implants after 5 years of tryng to adjust to the ones the doctor there put in that were HP 375's.  So, go back to the doctor before surgery and get this right.  It is better than needing a revision later.

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Patients trying to select breast implant size/profile prior to their breast augmentation surgery can experience significant stress.  In my opinion, cooperation between patient and plastic surgeon is the best way to go.  I prefer to have a full range of breast implant sizes/profiles available for use in the operating room. After clearing communication with patients ( with the use of goal pictures)  and the use of intraoperative sizers as well as careful measurements/dimensional planning I select breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals.    Again, this selection is made during surgery.

Asking a patient to select breast implant size/profile in my opinion places too much responsibility on the patient who has  minimal experience with breast implants...

It sounds like further communication with your plastic surgeon will be helpful to you prior to surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm