Cartilage Hump After Rhinoplasty , & Septum Cartilage Shake Frequently

I had rhinoplasty 4 month ago, doctor placed a cartilage piece on my nasal bridge,after 2 month i feel a hump on my nose , doctor asked me to massage it ( push from both side ) & say to me it will go away after a year, now i have 3 problem:

1: I feel septum cartilage shake frequently

2: I'm worry about that cartilage hump on my nose

3: I have oily skin , is it cause to my nose shape will deform in future by

best regards thank you

Cartilage Graft on Nasal Bridge

+1

I'm sorry, but I've never heard of  a septal "cartilage shake". It is normal to feel a cartilage graft  on the bridge, as long as you cannot see it. See a dermatologst or aesthetian to treat your oily nasal skin. Not only will the skin improve, but the definition and contour of the underlying nasal structures will be seen.

Palpable grafts common after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is not uncommon to be able to feel your own cartilage grafts after rhinoplasty surgery. Particularly across the bridge the skin is thin and you will be able to feel any grafts placed there. This is not a problem as long as it looks good and is not mobile. The nasal septum should not be mobile after surgery. More likely than a mobile septum, is that you have a columellar strut graft that moves around independent of the septum. That is normal. However, if you septum is in fact mobile then it may require repair.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Mobile moveable palpable nasal graft.

+1

If the graft is accomplishing your aesthetic goals, I would not be overly concerned as I would not worry about the cartilage shaking unless there is an issue of a septal perforation or collapse. Occasionally grafts will encapsulate which may make them more visible. This may happen with time.

Cartilage graft to nose

+1

If the graft is mobile, it could be a problem for you. As for shaking of your septum, I am not sure what you mean?