What Cc Size Will Get Me to a Full C/d

hi, I'm 5'8 135lbs. and barely a 34b. I am looking to achieve a full c barely d look with out having the issue of the breast hanging over the side.. Is a 380 bag filled to 420 to big?Please help i"m scheduled for two days from now...completely loosing sleep over this

What cc size will get me to a full C/D?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Determining cc's and cup size

+1

It is difficult to predict the exact cup size you will be post-operatively. Every bra manufacturer is different and it varies depending on how the patient wears the bra and how they want it to fit. Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc…Since your surgery is coming up in the near future, make sure you feel comfortable that you have clearly communicated your goals/likes/dislikes.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information. 

Ccs and breast size

+1

Sizes for breast  ie b , c , d are used commonly in the United States. In Europe ccs are utilized. There is no agreement on a 36 c for instance between bra manufacturers. A 36 c in one company may be a 34 d in another company or even the same company with a different type of bra. To further complicate the issue the individuals height , weight and body type influence the final result. A detailed discussion with your surgeon should help clarify your questions.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Get it right the first time!

+1

Choosing the right implant size to reach your goals is a very important decision for you to make with your surgeon.  Make sure that your surgeon or one of his or her staff has spent the time necessary with you to help you choose the proper size for your frame and to help you to meet your goals.  If your surgery is coming up shortly, it's important that you contact your surgeon as soon as possible to make sure that you are comfortable with implant size that is going to be used during your surgery.

John K. Wakelin III, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Call your doctor asap!!

+1

Only 2 days from surgery and still uncertain about the implants speaks very poorly of the doctor you chose in my opinion.  You needed to resolve this at least 2 weeks ago so you could go into surgery with confidence that your desires are being heard.  Call the office TOMORROW and insist on being seen again before the day of surgery to recheck this size issue.  Postpone the surgery until you are settled.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Don't loose sleep

+1

Hard to know exactly what size implant you should have from the information you have given, but there is a way to get a close estimate.  I would guess 375cc to 425 cc would make you a full c cup, but can't be sure without photos.  I would suggest you go out and buy a 34 C or D cup bra.  Go home a find a measuring cup and fill it with rice to about 375 ml and but the rice in sandwich baggies.  Stuff the bra with them and try on different clothes.  If they aren't big enough, add more measured rice.  Whatever the final measurement of rice is should be close to the number of cc you need in the implants.  I'm sure it will go well.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon