What CC Size Should I Choose for my Breast Augmentation Surgery?

I am needing help on deciding what CC size to get for my surgery. Well first off I am 5'7' and I weigh about 104lbs. My surgeon measured me and told me I was a B cup with a 28 inch waist. He also said I have tubular breasts if that helps. I am looking to go towards having a Full C cup after my surgery. Since of my age i will be having saline implants that will be tucked under my muscle. Thankyou for your time and help!

Choosing Size of Breast Implants

+1
Well, ideally the implant size selection is a decision you are guided through by your plastic surgeon. Ideally, your plastic surgeon is using Biodimensional planning principles to determine the ideal implant for you. The reality of breast augmentation is this: Based on what you are starting with, your breast base diameter, the stretchiness of the skin of the lower pole, the amount of breast tissue that you have to conceal the implant, there truly is a limited range of implant volumes that will work well for you, and will produce an aesthetically desirable full but natural appearing result. The problem with using implants that are too small is you end up with breasts that look somewhat lonely and separate, and the problem with going too big is that you end up with a high risk of the problems that lead to reoperation for breast augmentation: visible folds and ripples, skin stretch deformity, and position problems like “bottoming out”. In my practice, I see in general two groups of patients. One group of patient’s is looking for that perfectly natural implant that is right in the middle of the range that is recommended by Biodimensional planning principles. I see a second group of patient’s that are looking for the fullest implant volume that their body’s natural tissues can reasonably conceal. Both are fine choices, and I am happy to do both for each group of patient’s as long as we are staying within the limits, within the constraints, of Biodimensional planning principles. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How many cc's?

+1

This is always a tough question.The fact that you have tubular breasts comes into the equation.I usually will have several different size implants available when I do my augmentations and once the pockets are made,I will put in a 250,275 or 3300 and try to make them as full as I can without being too obvious.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Sizing of breast implants

+1

It is difficult to give you an answer without photos and breast base measurements. You are tall, thin and have tubular breasts. If you are under 22 years of age, you cannot have silicone gel implants. Your plastic surgeon sholud've mentioned to you that you do have abnormal breasts, i.e. tubular breasts. This condition will allow you to have silicone gel implants, which I would recommend for you. Saline implants will give you a lot of rippling in spite of submuscular placement. Your plastic surgeon should also measure your chest wall dimensions and breast base size besides your waist line. Based on these measurements you can decide what would be an appropriate size implant for your frame and breasts. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

I hear this question often here on RealSelf....I think it is important to have your sizing performed in the office at the time of your consultation. Silicone "sizers" can be used by experienced nursing staff or a physician themselves, underneath a sports or sizing bra, to help you familiarize yourself with the volumes it will take to increase your cup size. Cup sizes are different amongst all manufacturers and can a difficult indicator...glad to hear that your MD "sized" you in the office to a B. I also use a 3 D imager which takes your picture, reads your measurements and then the patient and I both choose the implant size and more importantly the PROJECTION which give them the desired look. The computer "puts" the implants into your picture and you can see what size fits you best.

With your body measurements and your desired cup, I would look between 275cc and 350cc (volume can be dependent on projection style you want) to start. Tell your doctor what you think is TOO BIG.

Hope this helps!

Good luck-

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD

Breast implant size

+1

Choosing the right implant for you occurs duriing a thorough exam and consultation at the time of your appointment with the doctor. It is impossible to suggest a size for you in this forum.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Dear A. Lynn:

Choosing the correct size for your breast augmentation is perhaps the most difficult part about the procedure. The answer depends on many variables: Your body type, your breast shape, your current breast volume, the elasticity of your skin, position of the implant and last, but not least, your desired goal range.

Most the time we discuss breast size in terms of cup size, but cup size not precise. It depends on the manufacturer and even the style of the bra. You may be a C-cup and Macy's, but cross the street to Victoria Secrets and you're a DD.

What you wear can also make a tremendous difference in the perception of your breasts' size. A large baggy top can reduce your apparent size, and a tight top emphasize it.

A full C is the most frequently requested size I hear from my patients, and everyone has their own interpretation of what a full-C means. Some patient truly want to fill a cup cup, others want to be a D, but don't want to ask for a D.

The best advice I can give you is to communicate the look you want to your board certified plastic surgeon. Bring pictures, try on bras, do everything you can before surgery. This will help you define what you really want from the breast augmentation, and will help your surgeon know how many cc's will be best.

I have been doing this a long time, and I usually have a good idea what volume I need to achieve a certain goal. Occasionally, I need to adjust the breast implant volume in the operating room in order to achieve the desired goals. Variables like increased muscle thickness and resistance can demand an increase in volume, and this is only truly determined in the operating room. As a detail oriented professional, I want that option, and I have more happy patients because of it.

I review the planned range of implants before surgery with my patients, and if a patient has a specific request, that's ok. I just let them know that we are making the decision without all the information. Most patients are ok with me adjusting the final volume, as long as we have a clear understanding of the goals.

I've added a link to my San Francisco Plastic Surgery Blog that deals with breast implant size. You should know that the diameter of the implant, and the filling material are sometimes even more important than a change in size. Your breast will continue to change as you age. If it were simple, the most common reason for exchanging implants would not be to change size. Absolute guarantees cannot be made, but the overall gestalt, appearance and proportions can serve as excellent guides for excellent results. Both you and your surgeon should know what those goals are before proceeding to the operation room.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

CC Size for my Breast Augmentation

+1

Love you Dr P! LOL I just invented that exact calculator but I ran out of batteries! But really the choice of CC's is a personal decision between you and your surgeon that you have chosen and may take a few in person visits to determine that exact size. You did not post photos so we can not see the ? tuberous deformity. My guess is a 400 cc HP saline. But that is a guess. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Breast size vs. breast implant size

+1

Breast implant surgery is not like buying clothing. You can't order a specific size. Although the surgeon can make some estimates as to final breast size he/she will always be off. This is due to the fact that breasts are made up of variable quantities of fat & breast gland. Although in general younger women have a greater percentage gland & older women have a greater percentage fat it is not possible for even the educated eye to accurately estimate the percentage composition just by looking at the breast. Because fat is more compressible than gland tissue 2 women with different breast composition (fat vs. gland) can have the same size breasts before surgery & have the same sized breast implants placed but end up with different sized breasts.
The one with a greater percentage of gland tissue in the breast will be larger. Most breast implant surgery consent forms explicitly state that there is no guarantee of final breast size after surgery.

Aaron Stone, MD

VIDEO BELOW: Click link or video

+1

Sizing is a difficult undertaking with no easy calculator formula. It may take several sessions in order to narrow down the best size for your NOW. Things could change with time and what suits you now may not appropriate in the future. 

Choosing Your Breast Implant Size

+1
What CC to Choose?
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will get you to a C cup without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS